- To ensure that the product/service (including fabric and garment) that the organization provides is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations.
- To monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards.
- To liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly, where appropriate, must advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
Typical duties & Responsibilities
- To oversee the Quality Assurance (QA) Department including Quality of Fabric and Garment and ensure that the QA's system meet up with the demand of company’s requirements.
- To ensure the product quality meets customers’ specifications and requirements.
- To monitor the quality assurance activities and to ensure effectiveness of the system.
- To be able to organize and direct QA team to the right direction of thinking and planning in term of quality.
- To ensure the ISO 9001 quality management system to be implemented within the company for continual improvement PDCA.
- To cultivate best practice using the right measurement from TCT methodology to measure quality performance.
- To ensure effective planning through better coordination and communication with production in order to anticipate problems
- To motivate and lead the team to achieve high FPY/LAR and low OQL as part of company objectives.
- To monitor performance of Products' Quality by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports accordingly to superior.
- To follow up any abnormal issues or urgent maters and report to superior with solution in urgent manner.
- To empower job responsibilities through better training of the subordinates and effective management skill.
- To oversee and be part of steering committee for ISO 9001 Department and carrying out the quality management system of ISO standard
- To ensure staff at all levels and functions within the department to be aware of and well trained and committed to integrated management system.
- To build the quality awareness and define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff as well as to make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- To initiate NCRB/stop production for any major issues within the discretion
- To look at ways to reduce waste (related to quality including any reworks, any claims and any second grade garments)
- To conduct investigation of customers’ complaints on product and make sure the remedial measures were taken promptly.
- To set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
- Any other duties to be assigned by superior.
Qualification & Experience Required
- University degree with at least 5 - 7 years related experience and/or training of equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Quality / Production / Manufacturing / Statistical Management.
- Preferably hands on experiences in textile and garment industry
Core competencies to this position
- Ability to read and interpret all internal / external quality documents ( records / manuals ect.).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally within organization and externally within all factories.
- Clearly identify his/her own opinion towards the problem. By means of effective communication etc. to persuade, encourage others to support their views or implement the proposed program.
Problem solving skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in oral, written, or diagram format.
- Ability to address problems in different perspectives. Seek and accept different viewpoints and methods; Dare to try and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- Clearly define a problem and apply appropriate principle. Able to proceed data and logic analysis by gathering and analyzing to make a reasonable judgment.
- Critical thinking and be able to apply systematic approach
- High ethical standard
- Well disciplined, results oriented and a good team player
- Quality knowledge and hands on approach
- Good communication skills
- Dynamic strongly driven & high motivated
- Understanding of Garment Manufacturing Processes and its quality requirements / standards
- Work closely with all staffs / operation in EGV with regards to all quality issues.
- Liases with factories quality dept and any other point of contact established in project assigned