The Product Developer is to be Vikings competence within development and production. The Product Developer will work closely with the Development Manager, Design and Product Managers in developing the range within all categories based on design and concept briefs.
The Product Developer will contribute and be an essential part of the development of international collections and concepts adjusted for local markets in which the company is operating.
The Product Developer will be responsible for all stages (ie. initial Line Review, Final Line Review, SMS, SMU…) of the development of shoes within mentioned categories for Viking.
- Based on design and concept briefs from design/product managers be responsible for the timely development of the full range of briefed styles from sketch to SMS ensuring that we meet target prices, as well as follow color matching and material descriptions.
- Be an active part of the Product Development team
- Work closely with our partners in to ensure the making of samples runs smoothly and that samples at each stage will look amazing.
- Together with Country Manager work to ensure that communication with partners and Viking HQ is as transparent as possible, always driving the team towards the best possible result
- Together with Country Manager continuously evaluate and suggest improvements to products from a quality or price perspective
- Together with Country Manager continuously evaluate and suggest improvements to processes
- The Product Developer shall receive the tech packs (TP) from HQ, read and understand it, evaluate the factories capabilities to develop the product according tothe TP, suggest changes or improvements to be done at the product.
- Once the Product Developer is satisfied, he/she shall meet with the factory to handover the TP to them; go through every single project in detail, clarifying any query or concern the factory may have.
- Follow up on each style, pattern making, alternative material selection for the first prototypes, stitching, assembling and sole attachment until the product is finished which shall first be evaluate for PD and the factory comparing to agree on what changes needs to be done in order to achieve the look which is requested in TP as well to meet the expected target prices.
- Any tooling blueprints (BP) or new Lasts, will need to be reviewed and approved with Country Manager (CM) prior to any further steps, the CM will guide PD through any technical concerns and price revisions needed.
- The Product Developer will ensure all materials are correct and all colors match with the pantone numbers specified, before sample making.
- After samples making a final check is required and any deviations that may appear, should be clearly informed to CM and HQ in order to keep the transparency and helping everyone to make the right decisions.