Working with key executive subsidiary business partners and stakeholders: anticipating and understanding business priorities and issues, providing general legal counsel as necessary.
- Ensuring alignment of business priorities and legal support (Both generalist and specialist)
- Providing CP-Vietnam and Indochinaâ€™s business unit legal counsel: assists in defining issues, gathers pertinent information/legal background, formulates and provides recommendations, brings additional specialist legal resources to bear as necessary.
- Working with appropriate specialist lawyers to assist in clearance of advertising and sales promotion materials.
- Working with Supply Chain lawyers to customize, as appropriate, global/divisional contracts and templates for local legal requirements.
- Work with Regional Legal & Corporate Affairs Director - SEA for preparing and advising on corporate communications requests.
- Preparing, reviewing and advising on contracts for the business units.
- Monitoring government agency and industry associations for issues/concerns pertinent to CP; attending legal committees of local industry associations.
- Supporting local corporate governance related activities, filings, and financings.
- Responding to legal challenges, coordinating litigation related activities, e.g. involving Outside Counsel, Division or Corp Specialists; recording items in databases as required.
- Advising and keeping the subsidiary and business unit abreast of trends in legislation.
This factor measures the formal education and experience, as well as the challenge of position tasks, degree of analysis, reasoning and creative thinking required. The uniqueness of problems encountered, and the availability of references to assist in their solutions also are considered, as well as the immediacy or urgency with which solutions must be found.
- College graduate with a law degree.
- Minimum of 7 yearsâ€™ general business legal experience, with specific experience operating in a multi-national environment.
- Incumbent should have strong understanding of consumer products company legal matters and an ability to anticipate and prevent legal problems.
- Legal knowledge and ability to provide legal advice to their clients and colleagues as well as to build close relationships with business partners such as the Subsidiary GM and other managers helping them achieve business results with assistance from Regional / Division Specialty Lawyers, Corporate Specialty Lawyers, Legal Managers and Outside Counsel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.