1. Role Purpose:
- The C&P Manager leads a team of Supply Chain professionals that is responsible for safeguarding the Company (and co-venturers) interests when entering into contracts for the procurement of goods and services.
- The C&P Manager helps to ensure that appropriate and adequate controls exists throughout the contracting & procurement process, confidentiality is assured, information not misused, applicable legislation is complied with, business ethics are transparent, risks are managed appropriately, and the business objectives of the Company are delivered.
- To achieve this, the Contracting & Procurement activity complies with:
- Applicable laws & regulations of the Government of Vietnam and other governing authorities
- The obligations associated with the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) and Joint Operating Agreement (JOA)
- Company’s Policies (e.g. Procurement Policy & Procedures, Code of Conduct, Business Ethics, Delegation of Authority, Whistleblowing)
2. Key Accountabilities:
Leadership and Management:
- Provides leadership & line management to company’s Contract & Procurement professionals ensuring they meet or surpass all individual and team performance objectives
- Provides leadership to all company’s departments to ensure their Contracting & Procurement activities are aligned with the business objectives
- Manages interfaces between Contract & Procurement department, Logistics, Finance, and User
- Departments to ensure interfaces are robust and provide and efficient supply chain
- Effectively monitors and influences the outsourced Contract & Procurement activities, ensures they are compliant with company’s Standards
Compliance / Audit:
- Accountable for maintaining company’s Procurement Policy & Procedures that ensure Contracting & Procurement complies with regulatory requirements, company’s policies and accords with best practice
- Responsible for demonstrating that all organizations in a supply chain can demonstrate that they accord with company’s ethical standards
- Accountable for preparing and delivering training on Contracting & Procurement processes and compliance and maintaining records to demonstrate compliance obligations are being met
- Accountable for ensuring the use of standardized contract documentation and forms, and formally recording (including approvals as required) for deviations from these standards
- Accountable for ensuring that Contracting & Procurement documentation is provided as requested to internal and external auditors, closing audit findings, and implementing lessons learnt
Contracting & Procurement Processes:
- Accountable for timely and efficient placement of contracts, service orders and purchase orders; development of contract strategies, bid evaluations, supplier negotiations, contract award recommendations
- Accountable for the management of high value or high impact ‘strategic contracts’ to measure performance, assure all aspects of Contractor performance are as per contract, and to liaise with the Contractor as necessary if gaps or shortcomings are identified
- Accountable for demonstrating that contractual terms and conditions effectively manage and minimize contractual and financial risk to Company
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirement
- Accountable for the maintenance and updates to the Contracting & Procurement system and ensuring Contract & Procurement provide support to the Maintenance management system
- Accountable for providing Legal Department with all information and assistance to resolve disputes/claims, including leading negotiations when requested
- Accountable for the close out of all contracts ensuring records are updated, filed and retained and contractor performance assessments and lesson’s learned are documented and implemented
Planning / Market Responsiveness:
- Accountable to deliver procurement demand plans that are aligned with internal stakeholder demand requirements to ensure availability and on time delivery of goods and services
- Accountable to deliver contracting strategies that are aligned with internal stakeholder demand requirements to ensure best value for all projectsAccountable for adapting to changing market conditions or new business opportunities by conducting benchmarking and collating market intelligence including supply and demand trends, pricing, availability, capacity, and activity levels for key spend categories
- University degree, in a technical, business or management related subject
- CIPS certification is preferred.
- MBA, or similar, is desirable.
4. Skills/ Experience:
- 10-15 years Supply Chain Management experience preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
- 5 years leadership / supervisory experience
- Strong understanding and experience with procurement processes.
- Experience in negotiating and closing out high value contracts
- Deep understanding and experience with contracting terms and conditions.
- Demonstrable professional acumen
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of international Oil & Gas supply markets.