- Manage Compliance matters including management of Compliance System (CPMS)
- During “low peak” periods, to support company with legal matters, including business and advisory support to the management team, contract drafting review and negotiation in ensuring compliance with local laws.
- Expected Traveling for compliance Matters : Korea HQ for compliance meeting (x1), Trips within SEA mainly to Singapore for compliance meeting (x2)
- Train employees of applicabe laws, internal policies.
- Review and improve internal process
- Law graduate (not necessarily a barrister or holding lawyer license).
- At least 7-8 years working experience as compliance person or legal.
- Should have some experience as in-house compliance personnel, or worked in CPA Firm’s
- Internal Auditing Division. It is not necessary that candidate has worked in MNC or major/international CPA/law firm but such experience is a bonus.
- Excellent communications skills and proficient in Local Language. Able to communicate comfortably in English (written and oral). Ability to speak Korean will be an added advantage (not compulsory)
- Independent at work and is highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is resourceful
- Possess commercial acumen
- Experience in handling legal compliance risk issues, example setup compliance system, conduct compliance training, prepare compliance manual, conduct compliance test, support compliance helpdesk, investigate compliance violations, conduct compliance auditing.
- Proficiency in Business and Commercial Law, Contract Law, Customs, Investment.
Major Challenges / Typical Problems Encountered
- Manage compliance issues
- Ensure compliance with local laws, rules and regulations
Report to Legal Manager and CFO