As the Area Sales Manager (ASM) you will be responsible for customer portfolio in Vietnam North or South. The role is designed to support and facilitate profitable business growth through various distribution and business models.
The role of the ASM is a multi-skilled member of the team. The ASM will develop, manage, and maximize business strategies to achieve profitable business relationships with partners, distributors, dealers, and projects for the brand portfolio. As well as managing the direct reports in the achievement of sales budgets as well as expectations.
Direct Reports: In-market or territory sales team
Support Team: Company Team
- Develop sales plans/budgets and coordinate marketing strategies for individual assigned markets.
- Implement strategies to achieve sales budgets and growth strategies.
- Assist to develop company plan for all brands and, where appropriate, recommend standards and assist to set sales and profit targets.
- Assists to establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with partners, distributors, dealers, and projects owners to promote brand awareness and profitable business relationships.
- Maintain close contact with partners, distributors, dealers, and projects owners, highlighting planned strategies to develop profitable business and gathering information for future business plans and initiatives.
- Develop and implement business strategies which are based on current and anticipated customer requirements and sales targets.
- Monitor and assist marketing activities including product development, setting product mix, new marketing techniques, advertising campaigns, market analysis and research.
- Monitor, supervise and urge the recovery of debts to customers.
- Lead and develop direct reports to enable the achievement of the strategic goals and sales targets, monitoring the performance and procedures.
- Manages direct reports by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and appraising job results.
- Regularly review and report on sales performance, sales forecasts, market trends, etc. to the Sales Director.
- Assist in ensuring that the sales and marketing initiatives comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, and ethical standards.
- Assist in the planning and managing of brand or product launches.
- Monitor expense budgets.
- Participate in general meetings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- And other responsibilities or duties as assigned from time to time.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to initiate the sales process through to closing the sale.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Excellent manner and well-spoken in face to face situations and on the telephone.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with effective outcomes.
- Ability to organize and communicate via digital means.
- Ability to collaborate with teams.
- Ability to conduct training in small group settings.
- Ability to work through urgent situations.
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- Over 5 years’ experience in managing a sales territory.
- Vietnam north or south sales experience preferred.
- Furniture and/or mattress industry experience preferred.
- University Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- English language written and verbal proficiency a must.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel 2-3 weeks per month.
- Ability to efficiently manage travel expenses.