- Identify and advise on development of cost effective HSE risk control strategies on a continual basis.
- Promote and facilitate effective risk management within the Drilling Department including HAZOPs, HAZIDs and Operational Risk Registers.
- Engage with Contractor Company’s HSE Management at all levels in order to ensure the development of specific effective management system bridging documentation.
- Provide support as required to comply with the project delivery process.
- Undertake analysis and prepare reports for HSE and Drilling Managers on safety performance, policies or material business/industry developments, identifying the implications for Vietnam Drilling Department.
- Coordinate delivery of specific HSE projects and initiatives for cultural change with direct or indirect resources.
- Manage the activities of Offshore & Onshore Safety Advisors and other support staff reporting to the Drilling Manager in relation to HSE.
- Ensure all personnel are implementing the requirements of the Global, Regional and Vietnam Management Systems and monitor how this affects Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Prepare and implement internal and external HSE and Audit plans and report progress to the Drilling Manager / HSE Manager.
- Oversee and lead accident/incident investigations and report the findings complete with corrective actions to the Drilling Manager and HSE Manager as required, within the required time frame.
- Champion the Root Cause Analysis process within the Drilling Department.
- Ensure effective, documented Emergency Response preparations are in place and tested for the Drilling Department and with Drilling Contractors prior to Rig acceptance.
- Manage legal consents and permits to ensure they are in place prior to each Project and ensuring on-going management of any attached conditions.
- Liaise with Local Authorities in order to develop and maintain a mutual understanding of the impacts of Vietnam’s operations on the environment and demonstrating that they are applying best industry practice and leading environmental improvements.
- Continuously review and implement changes to Safety Management Systems to ensure compliance with all statutory and corporate requirements.
- Be aware of and communicate to senior management the impact of existing and new legislation relating to Wells Health, Safety and Environment.
- Facilitate regular Department and Contractor HSE Meetings to assess performance and drive continuous improvement and increase HSE awareness
- Prepare and disseminate reports as required to monitor the safety performance of the Drilling Department against targets set by the Business Unit / Global.
- Co-operate with other disciplines to effectively support the Drilling Campaign.
- Ensure regular visits to contracted rigs, vessels, base and service providers throughout the Projects.
- Consistently evaluate the HSE Management Systems of all tenders ensuring that the level of implementation is verified following contractor selection and where applicable, ensuring realistic improvement plans are agreed and managed.
JOB REQUIREMENT: State the minimum of formal education, related working experience, and specific knowledge & skills – traits, behaviour, mental attitude – required to perform the job.
- NEBOSH Certified
- Ideally degree qualified in HSE or Engineering
GENERAL SUMMARY: Summarize in three or four sentences the general purposes of the job and its overall objectives. To implement and support all Health, Safety and Environmental matters within the Drilling Department and to provide professional HSE leadership and guidance to the Onshore and Offshore members of the Drilling Team and its support functions. Provide the HSSE Manager with assurance that HSE is being effectively managed within the Drilling Department.