Main Job Objectives: • Supervise and lead the construction and welding team
Reports to : Production Manager
Supervision of: Group Leaders, Team Leader – workers within the team
- Supervise and lead the building and welding ensuring you meet the productivity objectives of the shipyard.
- Liaise with Steel Hull Officer and Production Manager and the other departments in order to ensure the safe and timely completion
- Follow the instruction and planning given by Officer
- Prioritize and schedule daily activities and inform when problems are encountered.
- Work closely with QC Department for inspections and evaluate the finished product to ensure top quality.
- Monitor and report the status of repairs regarding schedule and budget compliance.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area by developing and enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Manage schedules, establish manpower levels and ensure employees are trained, with a specific focus in the safety and quality areas.
- Promote and enforce safety
- Thorough, methodical
- Work organization and prioritization
- Team building skills
- Able to motivate and manage staff
- Able to commit and execute
- Able to take initiatives in working condition
- Aptitude in reading technical drawings
Education & Experience:
- Experience in relevant field with proven supervisory history
- Engineer preferred, High school degree with experience
- English: Intermediate