PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The Trainer/Training Manager is responsible for the brand business success and image in implementing the training plan, maintaining the new brand standards of customer service and store presentation. S/he is in charge of planning, executing the training plan in line with the brand strategy and marketing calendar to deliver a total new brand experience and image.
- Plan and execute training plan, instore support and coaching for brand makeup artists following NARS training guidelines and standards
- Keep track of artist individual and counter performance to make sure the achievement of training KPI (IPT, ATS, productivity, performance and development, certification)
- Work alongside and coach the field trainer
- Work with Brand Manager, Counter Managers on Artist Recognition and Retention Program, Succession and Career Development plan for each individual artist including Counter Manager
- Responsible for recruiting and developing artist skill sets (Retail, Communication, Makeup, Event)
- Assist in and once certified by the brand, represent the brand in keying events, photoshoots, artistry requests from relevant partners (internal, retailer, media, industry)
- Coordinate with Marketing in planning the training and counter activities in line with marketing calendar and events within the standards outlined by Global Marketing and Events
- Ensure proper training for anniversary dates of marketing activity, new launches
- Train manager/artist to assist with Event implementation.
- Train Counter/Store Managers to uphold merchandising expectations and develop standard of visual excellence
Customers and other external relationships (5%)
- Display excellent customer services skills to the team
- Quickly and effectively resolve customer issues
- Establish relationships with VIP customers to understand market needs
- Internally, work closely with cross-functions team (HR, Finance, Logistics, Operations, etc.)
- Externally, build and maintain a positive relationship with retailer, partners
Human resources development (10%)
- ' Recruit Counter/Shop Managers and assist with makeup artist recruitment as required to meet brand standards
- Provide direction, on-going training, coach Counter/Shop Managers to develop and motivate team
- Provide clear and constructive feedback on regular basis to Counter/Shop Manager and artist on their performance
- Communicate clearly the customer service objective to managers and artists
- Provide an atmosphere that motivates, encourages and challenges Counter/Shop Managers and staff to achieve excellence
- Review, assist in performance reviews
- Adhering to and providing the examples for the brand standards regarding customer service expectations and image
- Great makeup artistry, communication and retail skills. Experience in running and managing stores and working within the cosmetics industry
- Experience as a trainer/Training Manager in cosmetics industry
- Education: Minimum high school education, college background preferred
- Job-Related Experience:Previous experience in cosmetics field preferred. Specialty store management background a plus. Leadership, training, public speaking experience needed.
- Job Related Experience:Three years training experience, cosmetics preferred, one-two years management experience required
- Analytical/Interpretive Skills:Training and coaching new and existing employees. Ability to council employee conflicts and to function in a fast paced environment.Embrace the company’s corporate philosophy.
- Communication Skills:Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills.Comfortable managing and supervising people.
- Professional attitude and ability to be flexible and deal with change.
- Effort: This position requires excellent communication skills to be performed on a daily basis. The ability to analyze, work with numbers and excel formula is required
- Training on product knowledge and sales skills and ongoing coaching at store/counter
- Set and maintain the discipline within the team and across counters in terms of customer service, image (merchandising, dress code, counter management) within the brand guidelines and standards
- Leadership, the ability to motivate, manage and develop people