People & Organization Capability Development Manager (GM)
Objective / Purpose of the HR Function
- To consistently and transparently attract, develop and retain quality people who provide outstanding and distinctive service and customer care.
Objective / Purpose of the Job (describe clearly the level of responsibility and expected result)
To develop and increase the organisational competence and capability through the development and implementation of a People & Organisation Development strategy, in line with the Group, Business Unit and HR strategies.
The People & Organisation Development strategy targets the following HR areas:
- Organisation Development
- Management Development
- Professional Development
- Learning & Improvements
- Succession and Talent Management
Dimensions and Quantities (describe the scale and scope of influence of the job. Include quantities influenced by a) the department & b) the individual directly e.g. sales/income, geographical area, number of products, number of clients, direct reports, budget authority etc.)
The People & Organisation Development manager is in charge of the function in a Group/Corporate in Viet Nam. The job holder shall extend the supervision and management to all the Training & Development activities held in BU to ensure its compliance with the Corporate HR Guidelines.
Ratio managers/direct reports 1:6
All cross-functional employees within the entity.
Authorized to control all staff, equipment and systems deployed within the entity. Responsible for the People & Organisation Development budget. Seeks approval for necessary capital expenditures and resources in line with the organization’s rules.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
People & Organisation Development (P&OD) Strategy Implementation
To provide input into the Corporate HR strategy and to formulate the P&OD annual plan in line with business requirements to support the needs of the business and to ensure consistency in HR practices and high HR performance standards.
- Provide input into the HR strategy of the CGV.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and Identify P&OD activities in line with budget requirements, HR BU requirements and Business Needs.
- Formulate the annual P&OD plan and put forward necessary budget and resource requirements.
- Manage the P&OD budget.
People & Organisation Development (P&OD) Management
To manage the process of organisational development and change through managing the design, development and deployment of Organisational Development processes and programmes within the disciplines of Management
Development, Professional Development, Learning & Development and Succession & Talent Management.
- Manage the roll-out of HRD processes and programmes.
- Develop and deploy on-boarding/new employee orientation programmes.
- Work with cross-functional management to streamline and plan their future development.
- Help management with internal inefficiency and identify potential growth points and personnel needs.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans
- Conduct regular needs assessments, in cooperation with the HRBP in each BU, to identify and assess the entity’s Learning and Development needs related to their discipline or function.
- Identify gaps for learning opportunities and advise on appropriate program.
- Advise management on what the entity needs, in order to achieve its specific organizational goals.
- Design solutions to address organizational needs and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Keep track of the identified talents and analyses the development needs and progress of the talent pools and individuals in order to manage progress and results of the recruitment and development investments made .
- Support the responsible managers in further developing the identified talents by coaching the talents in order to stimulate their personal and professional development.
- Assist and support the VP HR on coordinating and monitoring the meeting & minutes of People Development Committees (PDC), and Succession & Talent management process.
- Regularly evaluate the status of the annual P&OD plan and the effectiveness of the P&OD programmes and processes and policies.
- Develop communication and other plans that support implementation and success of program changes
- Keep abreast with P&OD trends and developments to evaluate its potential application within own entity.
- Ensure implementation and execution of policies and infrastructure for management development in line with Central Management Development policies.
- Support and assist in monitoring & improving employees’ engagement levels through the results of the divisional engagement survey and contribute to the deployment of action plans to raise engagement levels.
- Support and assist VPHR in building and maintaining a corporate culture and positive working environment.
People management (in relation to own team)
To lead, motivate and empower the staff through effective & open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and teambuilding in order to maximise customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and team productivity.
- Develop and regularly update the Job Profile/Description of subordinates
- Ensure personnel staff is recruited using appropriate selection techniques as per HR Guidelines
- Communicate and monitor clear individual performance objectives and service standards.
- Create a positive and collaborative team environment by setting and regularly reviewing the achievement of team goals.
- Facilitate team meetings and other two-way communication forums.
- Communicate and monitor reward and recognition schemes.
- Ensure effective dissemination of relevant information to employees.
- Promote the corporate values through active participation in the corporate initiatives.
Coaching and Performance Management
- Plan and conduct regular coaching sessions with each employee and follow up.
- Provide immediate feedback to employees in order to act upon learning opportunities following voluntary or involuntary leave, disciplinary warnings or other incidents.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Analyse /weekly/monthly/quarterly performance data and reports against standards of quality and productivity.
- Conduct employee counseling and disciplinary actions if required.
- Ensure training and development plans are in place for every employee and are complied to.
- Support the HR leadership development and succession planning programmes by actively identifying the high potentials.
Networking and project work
To build relationships with functional peers and Global HRD to maximise efficiency and cost effectiveness and to participate in HR related projects on a business unit level, through the provision of high quality data and information, to assist in informed project decision-making.
- Develop an internal and external cross-functional network to assist with piloting of P&OD programs as well as maintaining a current understanding of P&OD trends and best practices.
- On request, participate in any BU or Divisional HR related initiatives.
- Ensure achievement of action points assigned.
- Build and maintain relationships with functional peers and the Global HRD.
- Involve appropriate parties as required.
- Contribute to the design/content of HR related initiatives, policies and procedures.
CSR, Health & Safety
- Comply with the Group’s corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within management systems and effectively implement and maintain these management systems.
Other Assignments & Tasks
- Carries out any other assignment and task that assigned by the VP HR from time to time
- Follows the Company’s rules and regulations and its BU from time to time.
Adverse Working Conditions (indicate if applicable)
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- University/graduate level, preferably in Training & Development or an HR related area Preferred Experience and Knowledge (number of years, type of experience)
- Over 6-8 years relevant experience
- Experience in managing a team
- Proven experience and knowledge in effective people management practices, including leadership development, succession planning, training and coaching.
- Experience in interacting with middle (senior) management
- Thorough understanding of HR processes and activities
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes and structures
- Background in retail and service industry
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- Excellent communication skills in local language and excellent communication skills in English
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Project management skills