- Provides optimum test solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment.
Associated Job Duties
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement within Test Engineering by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes
- Provides exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
- Recruits, interviews and hires Assistant Test Engineering Managers.
- Communicates criteria to recruiters for Test Engineer and Test Management position candidates
- Coaches Test Engineering Managers in the interviewing/hiring process
- Assesses the adequacy of data gathering methods being utilized by the Workcells.
- Assures that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offers new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identifies and implements new practices and processes that are "best in field.â€
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Periodically "gets down in the trenchesâ€ to rehabilitate troubled Workcells or to help during product launch. Fosters a "back to basicsâ€ mentality during these times
- Establishes new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Reports to Operations Manage
- Plus 7 years experience including 2 in management
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience