- Develops individual Strategic Distributor (SD) technical strategies in support of SD achieving sales goals.
- Consults and plans on implementation of Technical Services programs.
- Implements and evaluates technical programs for SDs/customers.
- Documents results of technical programs/recommendations to quantify savings and/or cost avoidance for customers.
- Identifies and implements profit improvement opportunities with customers.
- Works with frontline sales colleagues to develop new industrial and automotive customers and identifies customer needs through investigation analysis.
- Communicates proactively with technical staff in target accounts to promote early adoption of Total lubricants and programs. Documents engineering and other services rendered.
- Acts as technical resource for Sales, SD/Distributor Lube Engineers (DLE).
- Resolves technical problems regarding product or equipment performance in order to protect the company against unfounded litigation.
- Provides feedback on industry segment trends, product performance, equipment functions, etc, to the Team and engineers.
- Participates/leads in work team/study as required.
- Conducts training for the benefit of new technical and sales employees, customers and distributors on product knowledge, applications and programs.
- Acts as a mentor to Distributor Lube Engineers (DLEs) providing on-the-job training product application knowledge.
- Develops, carries out technical projects.
- Reviews DLE customer interaction regularly to ensure quality of offering.