Job Statement/Job Purpose:
Heading the Supply Chain function at TCV, the role holder has overall responsibility for managing the end-to-end supply chain to meet delivery commitments to end customers consistently (OTIF). Key areas of responsibility would include sourcing & procurement, distribution and logistics, both in-bound and out-bound.
Internal interaction relationship: Work closely with the functional leadership in Vietnam, particularly sales & marketing and production to align supply chain operations with the overall business plan. Will also work closely with the International Coffee Division to align demand forecasts with supply chain parameters. Works with the touch points in India to align processes, plans and best practices.
External interaction relationship: Manage relationship with key suppliers, business partners, 3PL companies, shipping & logistics companies and industry bodies. Build and maintain a strong network within the government bodies that regulate import and export in Vietnam.
Specific areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Responsible for developing and executing a supply chain strategy in line with the business plans & objectives that will ensure meeting demand objectives most efficiently and with optimized costs. Key aspects of the strategic plan would include:
- Sourcing strategy
- Distribution Network
- Logistics plan
- Plan for the necessary resources in terms of people, assets and expense budgets to meet objectives. Evaluate & optimize use of own and 3P Logistics and develop partnerships with 3P Logistics companies and warehousing corporations that would support the business objectives.
- Set in place the structure, tools & processes so that the supply chain network reacts quickly to market changes, while maintaining the highest standards in customer service. Key areas to be reviewed and optimized would include demand forecasting, inventory holding policies and logistics.
- Drive preparation of annual operating plans, based on the strategic business plans, for each of the functions within the supply chain organization.
- Drive innovation across the supply chain organization to ensure efficiencies and cost optimization.
Functional / Operational
- Has operational responsibility across the full spectrum of supply chain activities. This includes developing and delivering best in class sourcing, purchasing, warehousing, logistics and customer service activities.
- Understand Customer requirements to execute order as per set objectives / plan. Ensure OTIF to all customers and collaborate with other function to drive the same.
- Act as an enabler in fulfillment of the order to the Sales function, Production, QC & Finance Functions.
- Build relationships with Logistics mediators and work closely with packaging functions to ensure the protection of freight in transportation and focus on optimization.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy that ensures availability of key raw & packaging materials at the right time and right price. Develop alternative sources of supply to mitigate risks and reduce costs through competition.
- Focus on Cost control, cost assessment and optimization across all facets/stages of freight and other selling expenses.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Focal point in end-to-end Customer Complaint management
- Facilitate process efficiency in Logistics with due process improvements on international transportation and timelines of order fulfillment.
- Collaborate with group companies to bring optimization through best practices. Implement best practices relative to processes, people development, use of tools and techniques, technologies etc.
- Promote strong partnership with other functions, especially with the sales and finance departments to achieve the set goals of revenue, profits & market share growth.
Executive & Leadership
- As a key member of the leadership team of TCV, help to set/shape future growth and direction of the organization and provide key managerial inputs that contribute to the growth and profitability of the business
- Set the direction & goals for the Supply Chain team and provide the leadership & direction to the team to achieve the set goals.
- Build and drive a culture of customer centricity in the team,
- Build a highly energized team that will be responsible for driving the company’s operations. Mentor and develop the second line of leadership within the organization. Overall responsibility for recruitment and talent development.
- Manage internal & external relationships with key stakeholders. This will include strategic business partners.
- Set ambitious targets and provide the leadership & direction to the team to achieve the set goals.
- Significant supply chain / operations management experience in a B2B environment within food products, beverages, FMCG or personal care sectors in Vietnam, part of which ideally would have been in companies with mature, “best in class” organizations.
- Some start-up experience and demonstrated ability to setup a Supply Chain organization from the ground up is an essential requirement.
- Experience in international import / export regulations and documentation, particularly as it impacts Vietnam.
- Knowledge of the logistics environment in Vietnam and with a good network among logistics mediators and 3PL companies in the country.
- Proven leadership experience across a fully integrated supply chain. Ideally will have gained operational experience across different functional areas, especially in manufacturing, planning, logistics and customer service.
- Highly developed commercial acumen and financial management capability, and a keen understanding of the business equation and how operational decisions impact financials (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- An inspirational leader who is a proven developer of talent within his/her team. Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, including regulatory bodies and key customer relationships.
- In addition to a basic graduate degree in science or engineering, the ideal candidate would have post-graduate qualifications in the area of supply chain management / Industrial Engineering / Materials Management. Post-graduate business management qualifications would be an advantage
Key skills & attitude required-
- Ability to work in a start-up environment as part of a core team building the organization from ground-up.
- Excellent numeric ability & analytical skills
- Sound planning skills
- Focused priorities, innovativeness and motivation
- Good inter-personal as well as intra-personal skills
- Assertive and energetic,
- Emanate role model behavior and exhibit team based work culture.
- Ability to think in an innovative manner.
- Drive for results
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results. Manages projects, activities, resources effectively and assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions
- Forms networks of positive business relationships that enhance personal and business success. Leverages personal and business relationships into significant business success. Successful in building networks of relationships both inside and outside the company.
- Develops and applies pragmatic solutions to business problems, anticipating situations, needs, and finds creative answers to new situations. Champions innovation to improve business performance
Best Practice Perspective
- Instils a continuous improvement mind-set and champions best practices. Benchmarks competitors and other industries to identify and apply best practices to form an inside advantage.
- Has the ability to inspire teams, foster teamwork and motivate to exceptional performance levels. Enjoys working with diverse people and styles. Is proactive and leads by example, energising others on effective collaboration; someone who is at the forefront, visiting and motivating staff at the plants and HQ.
Self-confidence and Determination
- Demonstrates stature, gravitas and a will to win. Maintains a calm focus on results over time and puts clarity and order into complex issues
Openness of Communication
- Encourages open discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback
- Recognises and capitalises on trends and events within the organisation that affect business performance
- Demonstrates the ability to think deeply and quantitatively about business problems, breaking down problems and presenting solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option
- Passionate Driver: Drives for results with a strong sense of commitment & ownership.
- Influencer: Strong interpersonal, relationship building and consultative skills. Should be able to drive change and manage ambiguity.
- Creative and Innovative: Excellent strategic and analytical skills combined with the creativity to produce innovative breakthrough value propositions. Ability to challenge status quo and inspire people to provide creative solutions.
- Self motivated: Sets own goals and standards. Is a self-starter.
- Fluency in English & Vietnamese.
- Values integrity, honesty and candor. Highest standards of ethics, is a role model to the team.
- Positive and optimistic without sacrificing critical thinking.
Environment & Working Conditions:
1) Ensure a safe working environment and track product life cycle.
2) Provide training to all the employees.
3) Work closely with Sales & Marketing and Operations in ensuring effective role delivery.
4) Assure strong leadership role in implementing standards to enhance customer satisfaction.
Travelling Required for this Position: 10%-30% of time shall incur the incumbent to travel on this given role.