• Responsible for delivery on variable cost savings initiatives, product improvements, color delivery, customer requests, complaints and regional product developments.
• Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Ensure the technical staff are fully aware of safety issues and fully comply with HSE&S polices such as LSR etc. Conduct monthly lab safety meetings and BBS audits and to prevent incidents/accidents at work. Have an ongoing focus on guarding/moving parts, trips/cuts and handling of aluminum pigments and TGIC.
• Lead technical department included R&D and color match team to achieve departmental KPI performance.
• Take a leadership position to upgrade and improve the conditions and equipment of the laboratory. Ensure all equipment is in good condition and follow SOP periodically maintenance
• Develop premium products (such as: Interpon D, Bonded Metallic Automotive etc) not only to increase sale volume and expand market share but also to improve CM
• Develop and seek for new RMs in order to upgrade performance and achieve cost savings in compliance with purchasing strategies and global policies.
• Implement VE cost saving program documented in the global VE Tracker and reach the targets agreed by BU
• Lead root cause analysis and problem solving when problems with product application or performance is experienced by customers or production.
• Review product specification periodically to make sure that all are updated
• Support RFT team to improve product quality and efficiency
• Achieve the maturity level for SAQ – element 4.1
• Provides a timely monthly reports to South Asia Solutions Lab Manager, Marketing Manager and Sales Managers on the on-going and planned major R&D activities and KPI’s
• Present technical presentations to internal / external customers and brand owners.
• Maintains color database and organizes flow of color tools and information (including, coordination of spray-outs, color panels distribution, etc.).
• Is responsible for color complaint process in terms of output and quality and makes sure requests are handled according to the standardized R&D processes, aligned with the other regional solutions labs and within agreed service levels.
• Keeps informed on advancements within own fields of expertise.
• Optimizes efficiency by clear priority setting and minimization of redundant activities.
• Responsible for improving the commercialization potential of existing products. The key focus will be on improving product performance and production processes, reducing cost and batch cycle times, increase maximum production capacities and reduce unique materials.
• Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Engineering
• Good command of both spoken and written English
• 10 years of formulation/technical experience within a Powder Coatings or Industrial Coatings
• Minimum 3 years in role of managing people
• Good understanding of 14001; 18001 & QC 080 000 system & product stewardship program
• Familiar with Directives, BU standard, corporate standard and guidance notes on HSE&S