A Marine technician inspects, maintains, and repairs Caterpillar marine engines of all types. Using Caterpillar maintenance guidelines and diagnostic tools he / she tests, maintains and repairs all engine systems. Both mechanical and electronic systems.
Essential duties & responsibilities
1. Perform a complete mechanical and electrical Caterpillar marine engine condition inspection. By means of following Caterpillar programs TMA, TEA & PAR. Analyzing the result and recommending proper actions.
2. Troubleshoot all appearing mechanical and electrical problems on any type off Caterpillar marine engine and its engine room installation. Propose in a full technical report the solution to customer and supervisor.
3. Repairing all kind of mechanical and electrical engine system failures on all types of Caterpillar marine engines, be able to select and use the proper diagnostic tools.
4. Conduct minor and major engine overhaul on any kind of Caterpillar marine engines. Is able to use SIS in order to select the correct CAT procedures and (Reman) engine parts.
5. Able to apply failure analysis on any given Caterpillar engine part. Recommend proper action in relation to his analysis report.
6. The Marine service technician is an ambassador of Caterpillar and the Company Industries. He / she is an example in his knowledge, independence, quality and commitment, both to customers and colleagues.
7. The Marine Service Technician is part of the Marine team and is constantly developing an improving himself and the team.
- Degree of technical engineering from University, College or Vocational School.
- Technical knowledge of Diesel engines and related equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in Marine Applications and / or Caterpillar product is an advantage.
- Good level of (diesel) engine knowledge and technical skills.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance, repair, major overhauling and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Service Department functions with at least 2 year experience in technical support or equivalent.
- Good skills in working with service related software
- Knowledge and experience in building and maintaining of (practical) customer relations.
Other skills and knowledge
- Planning and organization skill
- Communication skill
- HSE knowledge & contamination control
- Reporting skill.
- Basic computer skill (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
-Acceptable level of English: Listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking
Reports to Service Manager