Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Design, Pre-Production, Merchant and Production teams during product development and pre-production activities.
- Develop product technical specification packages to communicate requirements for fit and construction, taking responsibility for all aspects of technical pre-production work relating to fit and construction.
- Ensure that products are developed consistent with established fit and quality standards, manufacturer's capabilities and cost specifications.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop specifications to define product performance standards through the application of laboratory testing and wash and wear testing.
- Manage all sample/ fit approval cycles with factories.
- Coordinate all sample and production information with merchandising team and QC team.
- Initiate technical development in fit and construction to identify possible first to market opportunities.
- Responsible for managing the adherence of the time and action calendars during the pre-production process.
- A technical education in garment fit and construction to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years related work experience in cut & saw manufacturing process in a factory, production management and quality control.
- Practical experience of patternmaking and garment construction for bulk production.
- Able to provide constructive solutions and directions for manufacturer to improve fit and product appearance.
- Good analytical skills to solve complex technical problems which have impact to the business.
- An understanding and preferably 2-3 year experience using computer specification package (PDM)
- Good English skill with fashion sense to understand design intent.