- Work with the team on new e-commerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Install and configure the Magento e-commerce platform for new and existing projects.
- Create custom e-commerce modules or other new functionality using object-oriented PHP and the Magento APIs.
- Configure and maintain Linux-based web servers optimized for the e-commerce platform.
- Work with designers to implement custom skins and templates for the front-end.
- Understand and effectively communicate e-commerce features and limitations with regard to design and development decisions on new projects.
- Help manage the design and development process, drive decisions, and coordinate efforts with the team.
- Actively participate in client technical discussions
- Provide training, technical feedback and direction to team members
- Magento platform experience
- Significant PHP experience, including experience building object-oriented websites in PHP5.
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC frameworks
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries).
- Solid experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform.
- Experience using Linux to maintain and configure Apache/MySQL web servers. Additional Linux command line skills also a plus.
- Strong people and project management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions.