- Analyze requirements, come up with adequate technical design and maintain technical documentation
- Turns design and user interface mockups into functional websites powered by CMS platform.
- Write clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.). Complies with the coding standards (SDLC guidelines) - JavaDocs, Unit Tests; participates in and may conduct code reviews. Follow, improve and enforce coding standards
- Write unit tests and interact regularly with testers to prevent regression issues
- Provide estimates for development effort
- Come up with suggestions, raise early any concerns to PM and actively suggest plan of actions to improve overall quality
- Research new technologies and existing libraries,
- Partners with technical project manager, Java experts to share knowledge to other team members, make the most of knowledge built by other team members
- Assists more junior members with design challenges and coding issues
*** Successful candidate will participate in on-site training in France.
- At least 1 year of experience in the same position
- 4+ years of experience in web development technologies & have in-depth knowledge of Java/J2EE
- Good knowledge in Open-source solution (frameworks, platforms): JEE 5, Apache Wicket, Glassfish, Tomcat, JBoss, Hibernate, Struts 2, Spring 3, Spring MVC, Twitter Bootstrap, Stripes, RESTFul Web services, XML
- Good knowledge in database e.g MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience in architecture patterns & best practices
- Experience in common web-based application and web technology concepts (CMS, Portal, SEO, Social network, etc)
- Experience with scripting technologies (JQuery, GWT, YUI, Guava, Dozer, aspectj)
- Hand-on experience in several of products: Eclipse, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven/Nexus, Confluence, Jira, SVN/GIT
- Other skills: strong leadership, multi-tasking, collaboration, presentation skill, ability to think creatively, strategically & act tactically, capability in Research and Development
- Troubleshooting performance, scale, object clustering issue for integration solutions and debugging.