- The candidate will work full time in a subsurface multi-disciplinary team that provides technical input to field evaluation, development planning and exploration/ appraisal activities in the company concession blocks.
- Play a lead role in all geophysical matters within the company
- Be an integral part of the team, actively taking part in field evaluation work and in exploration, appraisal and development planning activities
- Responsible for quantitative seismic interpretation including work on structural settings, seismic attribute analysis, seismic inversion, velocity modelling
- Plan and monitor seismic data acquisition and (re)processing work as appropriate
- Perform geophysical interpretation of seismic and other data for input to reservoir modelling/ simulation and characterisation along with volumetric/ reserves work and for support to drilling activities
- Lead/ provide input as appropriate to field opportunity identification including small lead/ oil potential reviews
- Plan and monitor borehole seismic/ VSP survey activities
- Plan/ provide input to and monitor site survey activities
- Provide input to well proposals/ drilling programs including input to detailed well locations and trajectories
- Work closely with external parties, including contractors and partners, on all geophysical matters
- Identify and apply suitable techniques for seismic reprocessing/ geophysical reservoir characterisation
Qualifications and experience:
- A geophysicist/ seismic interpreter with significant experience in 2D/ 3D seismic interpretation, sound knowledge of structural geology and quantitative geophysical techniques is required.
- Understanding of quantitative seismic interpretation including seismic attribute analysis, seismic inversion to map stratigraphic prospects and predict reservoir/ reservoir property distribution is required.
- Geophysicist with a minimum of 15 years experience in integrated 2D and 3D seismic interpretation
- Strong understanding of petroleum geology and good knowledge of structural geology
- Thorough understanding of quantitative geophysical techniques for DHI identification and reservoir characterisation
- Knowledge of integrated field study methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong abilities to cope with pressure
- An excellent ability to work as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment