Assignment of work is dependent on business drivers and the qualities and experience of the individual. Specific responsibilities will be drawn from the following general areas
- Preparation of efficient well designs compliant with relevant policies.
- Specification of tangible equipment requirements for bidding purposes.
- Ensure compliance with corporate planning procedures.
- Provision of operational support to Drilling Superintendent through day to day involvement with operations and as Drilling Superintendent delegate.
- Assist with development and implementation of department performance monitoring processes including non conformance reporting, lessons learned system, benchmarking etc.
- Drilling engineering input into longer term development projects as they arise. Includes contribution to the generation of Outline & Field Development Plans and Facilities Basis of Design documents.
- Responsible for timely and mutually beneficial co-ordination with Subsurface and Development departments.
- Assist in Global Drilling Project Management processes for other Company operations by participation in peer reviews, team meetings, risk assessments, etc.
- Represent Company Drilling function at partner workshops.
- Participate in audit and inspection of suppliers, rig visits and incident response and investigation activities.
Qualifications & Work Experience Requirements:
- Engineering degree qualification. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science related subject.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the Oil & Gas industry mainly in Drilling Engineering and Operational functions.
- Good understanding of the drilling planning process involving design, procurement, contracting and cost control. Experience of full cycle well planning from design to final reporting.
- Strong operational background with significant offshore experience of well operations at engineer and / or supervisor level.
- Good exposure to interactions with partners, government bodies and other external parties.
- Experience with Drilling Software applications including casing design, reporting systems, drilling mechanics (e.g. torque and drag, hydraulics, casing wear).
- Planning and operational experience with deep water, granite basement and clastic wells is desirable.
Special Skills / Other Comments
- Budget orientated, performance driven background.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with team members and peers.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate junior staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to openly communicate with team members, management, partners and government agencies.
- Self motivated and strong self belief
- Proficient in office PC applications