- Provide development geology support to the company, including geological modelling work in support of field development, well planning and reservoir management.
Group organization structure:
- Subsurface Manager – Senior Development Geologist - Geologist
- 3D geological modelling in support of field development, well planning and reservoir management.
- Input to HIIP and reserves evaluation work. Support further opportunity identification.
- Lead reservoir characterization, geological and well database updates.
- Provide geological input to field development, operations support during well drilling and production/ well intervention activities. Work closely with other disciplines in making recommendations for well locations and drilling, logging and testing strategies.
- Lead technical role in geological input to subsurface studies.
- Take active involvement in reservoir management.
- Take part and assist in peer reviews to ensure excellent technical standards.
- Represent the organization at external technical groups and meetings.
- Take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- BSc degree in petroleum geology, with an MSc preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years experience in petroleum geology, field development including waterflood developments.
- Significant experience in 3D static/ geological modelling. Good knowledge of Petrel software application is preferred.
- Good knowledge of geology & geophysics, including thin bed multi-stacked sandstone reservoirs.
- Good knowledge of log analysis and petrophysical evaluation.
- Significant experience of development and production geology.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of reservoir model building and workflows.
- Proven ability to undertake complex tasks requiring the application of well-developed technical skills and knowledge with limited supervision.
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.