Reports To: Division President
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing business plans and sales strategies designed to position Fisher Barton Asia’s as the premiere supplier of industrial blades throughout Asia.
The sale of industrial blades is generally a highly technical solution oriented process and will require significant coordination with engineering, manufacturing and research & development personnel within Fisher Barton Asia and the customers’ companies.
This position requires extensive travel and an outgoing, energetic, confident, and creative person who is able to work independently while achieving agreed results within a diverse group of cultures and industries.
The Sales Manager establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer and product base.
· Develop new business in target industries and countries of a selected product mix within Asia
· Improve incremental sales with existing customers
· Develop and implement sales strategies for increasing revenue and profitability
· Establish and achieve targeted sales
· Strengthen awareness of the company’s brand and product offering
· Develop presentations to support sales effort
- Prepare forecasts of revenue by product line, country, and industry
- Build and manage a sales team to support business growth
· Attend and participate in trade exhibitions and conventions
· Maintains an updated understanding of industry trends and technicaldevelopments that effect target markets
· Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing leadership to develop quotation packages and deliver engineered solutions to customers.
· Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and programs
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university orequivalent experience is required. A Master's degree in Business Administration is desired.
10+ years in technical sales to large corporate accounts, including OEM’s.
5+ years in technical sales, requiring coordination of technical specifications and a working knowledge of mechanical drawings and engineering systems
Significant successful experience in solutions selling and key account management is preferred
Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
The ability to influence and consult with engineering, manufacturing and R&D leaders and drive for positive outcomes.
The ability to analyse complex business issues and build consensus around and implement creative solutions to problems.
Ethicalbehaviour, full disclosure and flawless integrity are a must.
The ability to maintain confidentiality and build credibility is required.
Excellent command of Excel, Access and communication and account management software. The ability to create and manipulate complex spreadsheets and databases.
Able to analyse, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
Fluency in English, Mandarin, and Japanese languages required. Other Asian languages desirable.