Business Intelligence and Performance Analytics:
- Set strategy for the growth and vision of the Retail E-commerce and Business to Business sales channels. The business is expected to double in four years.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and direct reports to develop the P&L for all Retail E-commerce and B2B-related operations, marketing and sales.
- Work with Accountant to monitor results and accounting compliance and to deliver upon all metrics set within the P&L/budgets, ensure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and ensure accurate budget forecasting, program ROI and benchmark identification.
- Recommend and implement new opportunities to drive sales, visibility and efficiencies for the growth of E-commerce business channel, including site functionality and design, and third party/vendor effectiveness.
- In conjunction with Sales and Customer Service Manager identify and recommend new opportunities to drive Business to Business.
- Work with Fulfillment & Co-pack Manager to ensure that Fulfillment and gift-building operations are optimized and supervise in-house co-packing and fulfillment resources. Make recommendations to improve the fulfillment and gift building operations, including options for leveraging external resources, and plan for adequate capacity to meet growth targets.
- Evaluate KPI’s of E-commerce business channel with respective teams to monitor trend, performance and identify any areas of opportunity. This includes but is not limited to sales, profits, website analytics, program effectiveness and overall efficiencies.
- Make ongoing recommendations to improve processes, workflow and find efficiencies in all sales, marketing, and operations functions within the E-commerce and Business Gift channels.
- Ensure optimal consumer shopping experience for this sales channel
- Identify and develop new related sales opportunities, like for example mobile
Tracking and Analysis:
- Develop timely analysis of Retail E-commerce and B2B sales performance, highlighting key placement performance and provide insightful learning, implications and recommendations to help guide managements business decisions.
- Work with Product Development and Marketing to select and develop appropriate product assortment for online audience, identifying strengths and/or opportunities as they arise.
- Forecast product demand, generate consensus on forecast and coordinate adequate supply with Supply chain analyst.
- Conduct research competition including but not limited to website content and features, online and offline marketing programs.
Staff Management and Development / Business & Process Improvement:
- Train, manage and develop Sales & Customer Service Manager and E-Commerce manager and provide support for their responsibilities and initiatives, evaluation of strategy and effectiveness of programs, and communication of policies and procedures.
- Monitor effectiveness of all online marketing initiatives and analyze initiatives together to incorporate learning’s into all future initiatives and programs.
- Monitor effectiveness of all Retail E-Commerce and Business to Business-related sales activities including trade shows, and to incorporate learning’s into all future initiatives and programs.
Websites & Technical
- Supervise and approve all technical and design related site upgrades website and supporting platforms.
- Partner with Retail Marketing to maintain brand appropriate quality, design and functionality of the E-commerce website
- Partner closely with Marketing Division Digital team to maintain overall brand standards within the website and coordinate shared retail and brand marketing objectives.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strategic vision paired with tactical attitude and ability*
- Strong analytical and project management skills*
- Extensive knowledge of current interactive technologies and best practices*
- Practical experience with various web metrics programs, Adobe/Omniture strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills*
- Ability to work individually or lead a team project
- Budgeting skills
Education & Work Experience
- College degree (BA or BS); background in Marketing, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing an e-commerce or direct sales business with full P&L responsibility