A Retail Store Manager (RSM) is responsible for the daily operations of the retail store and manages the store sales team and other store employees. RSM interviews, hires and trains new employees. They also prepare schedules and assign duties for the store employees. RSM is responsible for every aspect of the day-to-day supervision of the retail store to promote profitable sales and the desired consumer experience.
RSM role is to run a retail store successfully. Working on the retail floor, they are in constant contact with the customers and store team. They are responsible for ensuring the store team give great customer service and achieve sales targets as well as monitoring the overall financial performance of the store.
Direct Reports: Store sales team and store employees
Support Team: Company Team
- Maintain store as outlined in the store operations manual.
- Assist to update the store operations manual as required.
- Prepare and implement sales and merchandising plans and strategies to achieve sales and profit targets of the store;
- Assist to develop, manage, maintain financial records, sales and expense budgets.
- Achieve sales targets, maximizing profitability including motivating the store team to do so.
- Recruit, train, supervise and appraise store team.
- Manage customer inquiries and complaints.
- Manage store inventory.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Assist to prepare promotional materials and displays.
- Plan and execute renovation plan(s) for store.
- Liaise and ongoing communication with corporate office.
- Participate in general meetings.
- Ability to work retail hours including weekends and holidays.
- To comply with the Company’s rules and regulations. Any act for bribes and/or disclosing the Company’s confidential information not accepted.
- And other responsibilities or duties as assigned from time to time.
- Must have experience in 5* hotel
- Goal oriented and enthusiastic.
- Confident leader.
- Excellent manner and well-spoken in face to face situations and on the telephone.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with effective outcomes.
- Ability to organize and communicate via digital means.
- Ability to collaborate with teams.
- Ability to effectively manage teams and individual employees.
- Ability to conduct training in small group settings.
- Ability to work through urgent situations.
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- Over 5 years’ experience in managing a retail store or similar position.
- Furniture and/or mattress industry experience preferred.
- University Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- English language written and verbal proficiency a must.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.