A Retail Sales Person (RSP) is responsible for serves customer by helping them select products at the retail store.
RSP role is to achieve sales goals daily at retail store successfully. Working on the retail floor, they are in constant contact with the customers, retail store manager and team members. They are responsible for ensuring give the great customer service and monitoring the store as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
Support Team: Company Team
Retail Store Manager or Chief Seller
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assigned or related tasks as needed.
- Cashiering duties; Stock control; Housekeeping; Merchandise display; Security measures on the sales area; Check price-tags;
- Goal oriented and enthusiastic.
- Listening, customer service.
- Excellent manner and well-spoken in face to face situations and on the telephone.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with effective outcomes.
- Ability to organize and communicate via digital means.
- Ability to collaborate with teams.
- Ability to work through urgent situations.
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- Over 1 years’ experience in a retail store or similar position.
- Furniture and/or mattress industry experience preferred.
- University Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- English language written and verbal proficiency a must.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.