Job Summary (Indicate type and complexity of the challenges)
Lead the RM team, Business Planning Process (the commercial goal setting and monthly CBP discipline) and Retail Category Development process.
Develop, deploy and track 5P strategies by RE for country,
Develop shopper solutions based on robust RE, shopper and customer insight.
Synchronize consumer strategies and the RE’s shopper strategies to increase demand and trade support for our profitable growth
Responsible for Marketing activation for the country and have the touch point expertise to implement: Brand activation and Category demand creation; the activity grid and new product Go to Market for the subsidiary that is developed by Consumer Marketing in the Hub.
Business Partnership (Cross Functional who work closely )
Internal: Sales/ Consumer Marketing, CS&L, Finance
External: Customers, vendors, 3P agencies, store managers
Key Accountabilities (A collection of duties and/or responsibilities assigned)
- Lead shopper skillset development and drive the initiative across organization
- Develop 5P & RE Strategy which is in line with the category and brand strategy
- Lead CBP Monthly Discipline, drive the commercial agenda to maximize growth in the priority RE’s
- Drive Insights and Analytics for the sub by Identifying emerging shopper trends, new RE’s, and customer specific insights.
- Manage the GTN investment by developing an RE investment strategy, prioritize Investment across the different RE’s & Customer based on detected opportunities, growth expectations and ROI analysis.
- Ensure excellence on the Marketing activation (Touch point prioritization) to implement : Brand activation and Category demand creation; the activity grid and new product Go to Market for the subsidiary that is developed by Consumer Marketing in the Hub. Partner with consumer marketing team to leverage local insights to amplify brand message.
- Set the KPI’s that are going to be tracked ( 5P’s) and identify action plans to address the opportunities.
- Ensure Category/RE strategies being translated into customer engagement plan.
- Develop and annual review retail GTM Strategy, reaching each Retail Environment with the most efficient way
- Support the process for Budget Review/MYR Volume plan & Financial Goals with Consumer Marketing in the Hub Commercial goal setting including investment posture to reflect Sub’s RE / Customer strategies.
- Lead the Retail Category Development process in the organization and prioritization of services. Develop a Category Management Strategy and activity plan
- Responsible for In Store Management (for decentralized market, this role can report to Country Manager -- guideline, manage agency, POS development, field force automation backend, tracking 5P execution) **
Essential: Should have FMCG field experience which would give an overall understanding of Trade Marketing / Shopper Development
Desirable: Brand Marketing Management
No. of yrs of Exp reqd.: 10 years’ experience in
Professional Qualifications & Training
Essential: Bachelor/MBA specializing in Sales & Marketing
Desirable: Additional certification in Retail Marketing
Essential: Developing and coaching, Analysis, Planning, team work and collaboration, relationship building, Business perspective
The job requires self-awareness, conceptual skills, imagination, commitment to talent development, pro-active thinking & action and comfort with speaking in public apart from analytical, communication, negotiation and good listening skills.
Desirable: Leading Change, Fostering experimentation, Encouraging Open dialogue
Essential: Trade Understanding, Promotional Effectiveness, Category management, Customer Negotiation, Financial Analysis, Consumer and Shopper Insight.
Desirable: Business & Financial Analysis, Supply chain Perspective, Strategic Thinking, Cross- Organizational Collaboration