- Where appropriate, provide input into the HR strategy of the Business Unit for their entity
- Formulate the annual HR recruitment plan and puts forward necessary budget requirements
- Manage the HR recruitment budget
- Talent Acquisition Planning & Strategy – ensures business alignment, examines workforce plans, requires an understanding of the labor markets, and looks at countrywide/regional/global considerations.
- Workforce Segmentation – requires an understanding of the different workforce segments and positions within these segments, as well as the skills, competencies, and experiences necessary for success.
Recruitment & selection management & deployment
- Implement recruitment processes and tools including but not limited to different techniques in interview, assessment centre, testing and reference check.
- Formulate and implement local recruitment and selection policies in line with local laws and regulations
- Formulate and implement local recruitment programmers, in line with the local employment and labor context
- Ensure the vacancy database is kept up-to-date to promote cross-border and cross-functional recruitment
- Research establish and maintain relationships with those agencies & consultants who are most likely to satisfy your recruitment needs
- Select & manage the performance of external suppliers to ensure qualitative services are provided at an optimal cost ( formulate selection criteria for external providers, manage the contracts and monitor performance of external suppliers based on qualitative and quantitative measurements)
- Ensures a process is in place to promote internal hiring
- Regularly evaluate the status of and the effectiveness of the annual recruitment plan, recruitment programmers, processes and policies at an individual, team and organizational level.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all management and provide advice when appropriate
Provide inputs in the management and development of activities that help to uncover, articulate and define image, corporate culture, key differentiators, reputation, and products and services in order to help advance the market position in Vietnam, attract quality candidates and depict what it is truly like to work
Candidate Audiences & Relationship Management
- Defines and understands the potential pools of candidates in which an organization needs to source for specific roles.
- Develop and implement different sourcing strategies that shall apply based on the understanding of the jobs and where the audiences will come from to fill them.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with potential candidates either by direct networking with the candidates or through the relationship with key Head Hunters/Executive Search Firms in the market – includes building a positive candidate experience, managing candidate communities, and maintaining relationships for those candidates not selected.
Metrics & Analytics
- Develop and implement a process of continuous tracking and use of key metrics to drive continuous improvement and to make better recruitment decisions, to ultimately improve the quality of hire.
People management (in relation to own team)
a) Effective Communication
- Communicate and monitor clear individual performance objectives and service standards.
- Create a positive and collaborative team environment by setting and regularly reviewing the achievement of team goals.
- Facilitate team meetings and other two-way communication forums.
- Communicate and monitor reward and recognition schemes.
- Ensure effective dissemination of relevant information to employees.
- Promote the corporate values through active participation in the corporate initiatives.
b) Coaching and Performance Management
- Plan and conduct regular coaching sessions with each employee and follow up.
- Provide immediate feedback to employees in order to act upon learning opportunities following voluntary or involuntary leave, disciplinary warnings or other incidents.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Analyze /weekly/monthly/quarterly performance data and reports against standards of quality and productivity.
- Conduct employee counseling and disciplinary actions if required.
c) Employee Development
- Ensure training and development plans are in place for every employee and are complied to.
- Support the HR leadership development and succession planning programmers by actively identifying the high potentials.
Networking & project work
- Liaise with cross-functional (senior) management to keep ahead of their business needs .
- Manage the launch of internal recruitment campaigns.
- Exchange best recruitment practices with other Central recruitment and HR managers.
- Participate upon request in BU or Divisional Recruitment projects.
- Ensure achievement of action points assigned.
- Involve appropriate parties as required.
Advising & Consulting
To advise and consult the HR senior management through the proposal of actions in order to increase the efficiency andquality of the recruitment operations.
- Manage the administration of recruitment data.
- Forward weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly recruitment reports to senior management.
- Proactively analyse recruitment results and proposes solutions with the aim of increasing quantitative and qualitative recruitment KPIs results.
- Provide analyses reports on local recruitment trends and potential impact on short and long term staffing needs.
Labour market and other external communication
To manage the labour market communication in order to attract the right people and to liaise with external entities and third parties in order to promote local recruitment practices and to gain sponsorship and subsidising where applicable.
- Manage the labour market communication to attract the right people
- Manage external advertising
- Ensure key elements of employment brand are reflected in all external communication activities
- Research, maintain and establish relationships with local government entities which could sponsor, equip or subsidise recruitment programmes
CSR and Health & Safety
- Comply with the company's corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards
Other Assignments & Tasks
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- University/graduate level, preferably in an HR related area
- Preferred Experience and Knowledge (number of years, type of experience)
- 5-8 years relevant HR and/or specifically recruitment experience
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes and structures
- Understanding of recruitment concepts and selection methodologies
- Knowledge of candidate audiences, sourcing & Labour market
- Knowledge of retail and services industry
- Experience in managing a team
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent verbal and written English & Vietnamese skills