Duties and Responsibilities
- Convert technical knowledge and scientific information into product / process. Work with internal and external groups to resolve and provide solution / improvement.
- Design and conduct shelf life studies, including product and package performance evaluations under various conditions and make recommendation for appropriate adjustment in product or package as required.
- Conducts lab and pilot plant experiments involving product and process development and design (e.g. prototype preparation, product line extensions, shelf life and product performance), either independently or in collaboration with other associates. Conducts plant trials for commercial scale up. Interprets data and draws conclusions to experiments.
- Able to manage 1+ high com or 2+ low com projects simultaneously with guidance. Proactive in suggesting ways to improve project quality. Provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems by applying moderate technical knowledge and extensive experience.
- Well verse in methodology of different types of sensory tests. Apply appropriate method to conduct sensory test, and able to use statistical tool to analyse results.
- Document the types of lab tests which have been conducted and record results of such tests in a lab notebook, ELN or in a computer database. Evaluate results of experiments and analysis.
- Presentation of results and recommendations to various groups, both internally and externally, and in both Vietnamese and/or English.
- Interface frequently with various internal and external groups within industry.
- Able to conduct literature search independently, analyse information, summarise findings and recommend next steps.
- Undertake experimental design. Use statistical software (if any) to conduct data analysis. Use statistical analysis to next round experimental design.
- Communicate, lead and work well with Vietnam and SEA project team members.
Education, Experiences and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in similar role managing a team
- Relevant degree from recognized tertiary institution majoring in Food Science and Engineering
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
- Experience in food companies or food factories, exposure to foreign company environment will be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong PC and MS Office experience especially in MS Excel and proficiency in working with relevant software tools (e.g. Optiva, Axapta, Access etc.)