Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in furniture manufacturing, preferably in sizeable & multi-national companies.
- Professional qualification in quality assurance field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managerial level.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good knowledge about furniture products.
- Familiar with international quality standards and requirements of US and European clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English while skills in Vietnamese or Mandarin would also be useful.
- In addition to strong management and leadership skill, possess strategic and analytical thinking, and high level of initiative and integrity.
- Exhibit effective communication skills and have the ability to interact with all levels, both external and internal.
- Provide effective supervision of daily operations of QA department and ensure the quality policy maintained.
- Plan and control of inspection expenses, organize resources for running the QA department.
- Identifying causes and corrective actions for production problems found during inspection.
- Ensuring that size and other specifications for manufacturing are adhered to, and production/fit is in-line with approval samples.
- Review failed inspection with head of merchandising to identify problems affecting the quality of merchandise and make disposition for re-inspection to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Ensure production and delivery problem feedback to the merchandising team in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and updating profiles for existing and prospective vendor/ factory to confirm that these accurately reflect resource capability and compliance with Code of Conduct and Country of Origin regulations.
- Working with local inspectors in factories and undertaking random field audit, providing reports and feedback to the Management.
- Exercise due diligent audit.
- Developing training program and conducting training sessions on quality standards, quality control systems and procedures, production technology and problem solving.
- Monitor troubleshooting projects.
- Application of statistics reporting and analysis the performance of vendor and factory.
- Set the quality improvement plan with vendor and follow-up the effectiveness.
- Update quality records and clients requirements.