Negotiates with suppliers, verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
- Ensure proper placing of Purchase Orders. This means all information in the ERP must be correct, including vendor information, drawing/ part information, quantity, price, terms and conditions, delivery schedule and payment terms.
- Check the Master Planning regularly to make sure the necessary POs are placed and any incorrect information is corrected.
- Ensure all POs are countersigned and recorded.
- Work with accountant to ensure supplier payments are handled appropriately according to agreements.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of goods. Orders to overseas suppliers which need inspection before shipping must be communicated in a timely fashion.
- Work to reduce raw material costs. For example, consolidating smaller orders into larger qty orders in order to achieve reduced pricing from a supplier.
- Negotiate competitive pricing and payment terms from new and existing suppliers.
- Track major raw material price indexes to achieve cost savings as prices decrease, and minimize the impact of price increases.
- Follow up quality issues with supplier based on feedback from Quality, Production, and Engineering Departments.
- Perform all import/export and logistics functions for incoming materials and outgoing products. This includes ensuring paperwork and other arrangements are made as soon as possible to ensure timely delivery to the factory. In addition, responsible for getting refunds of duty paid to customs in a timely manner and collect all necessary documentation to assist the Chief Accountant in applying for VAT refunds for all purchased materials.
- Alert Production to any raw material delays which may impact their schedule.
- 3-year University or higher degree from an accredited university in Logistics,
- Management, Business Administration, Procurement & Supply Chain or related area.
- Fluent in both English and Vietnamese communication
- Additional foreign language is a plus
- Good portfolio and relationship of vendor
- Leadership skill