strategically and operationally guide and further develop purchasing function
to be in line with strategic short, mid and long term objectives and targets of
Schaeffler Vietnam in order to optimise effectiveness, efficiency and
performance according to internal and external customer requirements.
- To ensure the proper material supply for operation of the plant , increase the ratio of local supply and reduce the overall purchasing cost of materials & services
- To develop local suppliers in line with strategic roadmap and growth rate of SVC
- General task as head of purchasing function:
- Define and implement Purchasing KPIâ€™s and targets among the team, keep track and record the update status accordingly.
- Cost / Budget control regarding all purchasing volume (PVO) and also other overhead cost and headcount of the purchasing function according to the approved budget.
- Drive the purchasing team both strategically and operationally with special emphasis on agreed targets and KPIs in order to ensure the continuous supply for the plant operation on a timely manner.
- Build up an effective purchasing team to ensure the efficiency by continuously improving the processes, tools as well as coaching for the team.
- Oversee and supervise the operational purchasing team.
- Management of 3rd party suppliers in close coordination with AP and BU purchasing. Evaluating the supplier performance according to group guideline.
- Close coordination and interaction with AP purchasing and BU purchasing and local management regarding all purchasing matters.
- Being responsible of overall plant purchasing, order processing of the plant.
- HR development of related employees.
- Other task as responsible for certain direct commodities:
- Make survey and analysis the local market for the relevant commodities.
- Set-up of the local purchasing strategies for relevant commodities, get it aligned with regional purchasing and BU purchasing
- The strategy considers actual scope of business, new projects as well as re- location projects. Further items are supply sources, supply chain, volumes, expenditure, demand, quality â€¦ The strategy must be reviewed and approved by the function head.
- Assure the proper involvement of all functions for technical and demand clarification in order to achieve the targets/ strategies.
- Prepare and execute negotiations/ price discussions with suppliers.
- Handle legal document with suppliers in terms of capacity, quality, delivery, payment â€¦ and get the Frame Contract and Price & Capacity Agreement signed with suppliers. Review and update periodically according to market analysis.
- Improve the material supply chain from supplier by close co-ordination with BU, plant purchasing, logistics, warehouse, QA and central planning. Execute and follow up actions with suppliers together with related functions.
- Visit, evaluate, audit and and make proposal to release the suppliers with the team.
- Monitor & evaluate the supply activities, conduct supplier assessment according to guideline in order to achieve cost effectiveness and good performance.
- Build up supplier networks, identify new sourcing opportunities to ensure that goods can be sourced from various resources.
- Take responsible for the commercial part in the sourcing decision, POT process and local supplier development
- Drive cost down projects at the suppliersâ€™ and involve the appropriate team; e.g. value analysis, decrease of technical requirements.
- In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by his supervisor that are essentially related to his duties.
- University degree or above in business administration or engineering.
- 3 - 5 years of practical working experience in international company.
- Good command of English and computer skills.
- Good negotiation and communication skills on international basis.
- Strong commitment to business targets, task oriented.
- Good organising and planning skills.
- Good understanding of complex business and technical matters