Understanding Product / Project Requirements
- Work closely with Senior Purchasing Manager/Office Manager/Product Manager to understand the requirements of different products/projects (e.g. searching for a better price, innovation, quality or delivery, etc)
- Market-oriented prioritization of tasks according to the Product Management Group’s launch schedule
Search and Verify suppliers to form Solutions targeting Product/Project Requirements
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of what kind of sources exist in the region, shortlist and select those that offer competitiveness that fits our needs
- Visit and conduct an on-site audit to evaluate supplier’s proficiency in material, production, quality management
- Ensure proper contracting with suppliers on price, delivery, quality, and Code of Conduct through agreements.
- Conduct Negotiation for competitive price offering / Check Sample to set product specification or quality expectation / Verify certification or testing report if any
- Fully Inform Product Manager regarding all vital aspects of the solution (price, quality, and delivery) and if awarded, devise Project Plan (Product Launch, Quality management plan, Capacity plan, etc) to ensure successful launch and delivery.
- Monitor confirmation and delivery of orders and provide a proactive response to any delay or potential delay situation.
- Work closely with the Quality Department to ensure compliance of products accepted for delivery.
- Understand, stay updated with cost drivers and maintain competitiveness in purchase price/spending.
General and others
- Coach and guide the Purchasing Assistant’s work.
- Assist Office Manager/Senior Purchasing Manager on assigned tasks.
Academic / Professional Qualification
- College and/or University degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing / Supply Chain or related with a technical background.
- Basic knowledge of European safety standards, norms as well as legal safety norms required in Scandinavian markets.
- Good and fluent in writing and speaking English.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of working experience as Sourcing /Purchasing or Supplier Development Manager with European/International buying team on retail’s direct product procurement.
- Preferred Range(s) of Product Experience(but not limited to): Automotive Parts and Accessories, Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Boat Parts and Accessories, Construction Materials, Home and Interior stationery, Sports and Outdoors, Tools, Car and Home Chemical, Electronics, Electrical, Apparel, and Soft-lines, General
- Understanding of production flow and quality management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working in direct sourcing for a retailer would be preferable.
- Strong communication skills, strategic sourcing capability, and commercial acumen.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Frequent Traveling is expected