Responsible for production functions of Company. Coordinates manufacturing operations to meet production needs. Responsible for manufacturing process improvement, development of the manufacturing organization, increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction, safety, quality, cost and on time delivery of product.
- Leads production team to achieve and sustain all production goals: Cost control, productivity improvement, defect/waste reduction, quality improvement, on time delivery and other manufacturing elements.
- Leads and deploy Lean and Six Sigma projects as key process continuous improvement methodology.
- Maintains safe and clean production processes.
- Responsible for product quality control and adhering to ISO standard. Ensure products meet customer requirement.
- Provides input and guidance in establishing manufacturing policies.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the overall safety, health and environment effort.
- Directs execution of manufacturing policies and practices.
- Builds, develops and manages the manufacturing team.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate the continuous improvement process.
- Responsible for establishing all shift production schedule effectively.
- Works closely with production planning & control to ensure optimized detailed plan that meets and exceeds customer requirement.
- Selects and trains production staff.
- Reviews, recommends and implements improvement of all production process.
- Analyses, recommends and implements productivity improvements.
- Ensures compliance with all national and local regulations.
- Schedule and conduct production meetings.
- Prepares, monitors and controls annual production budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
3. Principal relationships
- Internal: All departments
- External:Customers, suppliers
4. Qualification and Key Skills
- University degree in Mechanical Engineer with 5 years ferrous metal parts manufacturing experience.
- 10 years manufacturing operations with 5 years at managerial level in ferrous metal parts manufacturing.
- Good knowledge about heat treating and cryogenics.
- Direct/hand-on experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S. Certified Black belt or Green belt is a plus.
- Creative problem solver with analytical skill and result oriented. Must possess proven skills and abilities in the areas of leadership, planning, manufacturing systems and processes, continuous improvement in manufacturing techniques, employee development and strategic as well as functional problem analysis and resolution. Strong customer orientation. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must.