Reports to: Site Manager
Supervision of: Production department included: hull, out fitting, accommodation, , electricity , mechanic, piping, painting, safety
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Planner/ Coordinator to insure that the production in the site should respect the timing, budget, and technical requirements.
- Ensure coordination of the various specialties, co-managing the activities on board ships.
- Ensure a weekly follow-up of the progress of each sub- assembly in connection with the Officer / Group leaders and sub-contractors.
- Develop production schedules and anticipate the needs of production resources (human and material)
- Takes part in the elaboration of all planning required in the production management.
- Work with Design, purchasing and logistics departments to foresee the needs of contracts production and confirm delivery dates.
- Establish monitoring indicators to measure the production progress and implement corrective actions
- Liaise with the Officer / Group leaders in order to meet the delivery lead times.
- Liaises with the other departments (purchasing, E&D, …) in order to meet delivery lead times.
- Report the production progress to the management/hierarchy.
- Be responsible for the safety of the workforce of the ships under construction. Leads the action plans associated, further to the risk analysis carried.
- Implement safety requirements of the site supporting the HSE's approach
- Takes part in the safety improvement plans driven by QHSE manager
- Responsible for production cost. Give suggestion to reduce costs regarding equipment, tools, and process.
- Recruit thru HR department interim personnel necessary to the activities.
- Responsible of the hiring / replacement of the existing skills, in accordance with the budget validated with the management
- Proposes and applies the training plan
- Carries yearly interviews with the Officer and Group leaders
- Ensure the quality standards according to company standards and rules
- Carries associated improvement plans (customer complaints, reduction of alterations)
- Ability to plan and guide the work for all production period
- Ability to train new employee in production department
- Ability to flexibility arrangement work as order by BOM
- Ability to influence team work spirit to others within production department
- Ability to manage staff within department
- Ability to present and negotiate in front of BOM
- Excellent communicate in English
- Communication skills (External and internal communication)
- MS office – Level C
- Knowledge of shipbuilding techniques (is a plus)
- At least 3 years experience in the same position
- Used to work in Mechanical or Steel industry (Shipyard industry is a priority)