- Track international and local market dynamics for key commodities procured
- Negotiate and execute derivative contracts to hedge raw material procurement contracts
- Manage Cost Control of raw materials sourced; Strategic Initiatives for Sourcing; Processes & Systems for Sourcing and working Capital Management/ Inventory turnover Management.
Cost Control of raw materials sourced
- Ensuring that the same is within the budgets and in sync with market realities
- Ensure is designed in a way- effective enough to combat market volatility of the commodity prices
- Implement and Execute hedging strategies for raw materials procured to ensure stable pricing and margins
- Coordinate with Banks and other counterparties to implement viable hedging Strategies
Strategic Initiatives for Sourcing
- Ensuring sustainable sourcing of key raw materials
- Ensuring the availability of the same as and when required
- Build domain expertise to understand and procure the raw materials better
- Work on Vendor development/ strategic tie-ups and quality controls on the same
Processes & Systems for Sourcing
- Adherence to procurement governance/ compliance matters
- Effective risk measurement/ check on negligence
Working Capital Management/ Inventory turnover Management
- To optimize and implement credit availability period
Liaison with other teams/ departments
- Liaise with the R&D teams from Ideation till execution in event of New Product
- Maintain productive relations and liaise effectively with the Manufacturing and operations teams
- Liaise closely with Finance & Marketing teams on strategic issues.
- Identify opportunities on Backward integration/ souring directly from the producers if so the nature of business desires
- Minimum 05-year experience in Procurement Manager or equivalent in FMCG companies; Commodity trading houses or commodity derivative desks of banks. Experience in hedging is an advantage.
- Knowledge of hedging is critical (especially coordinating with banks for derivative quotations, conducting research and analysis, and executing hedging contracts)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written, Vietnamese & English) & Strong negotiation skills
- Logical, strong analysis, problem-solving skills & strong at process management
- Strong business acumen & able to work effectively with ambiguity
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent in Business
- Demonstrate utmost level of ethical, integrity & trust.
- Very responsible, focus, result-orientated & dedication to continuous improvement
- Demonstrate good teamwork & ability to lead others