- Job purpose
Initially supporting the Project Team during Define, Execute, Commissioning ensuring Process Safety Codes and Standards are effectively applied and then moving into an onshore. Operational Process Safety Role for the Facilities. The intention being that as a seconded company representative into the Project Team at this stage of the project, ownership of Process Safety has a consistent presence from design through to operation.
- Roles and Responsibilities
Management and review of all technical safety studies undertaken by engineering design consultants and technical safety consultants,
Participate and oversee engineering design from a Process Safety perspective.
Develop functional safety specifications for technical safety studies.
Co-facilitate assessment, and workshops. Responsible for monitoring the closure of all outstanding actions resulting from such workshops.
Participate in identification of safety elements and performance standards.
Review facilities in application of new process safety technology and risk assessment tools.
Facilitate and participate in reviews and studies of the facility required for projects and operations.
Review design documentation as required to ensure design and operation are consistent
Participate in the investigation of process safety incident.
Provide safety engineering support to assess plant modifications, technical reviews, analysis of incidents, modifications to the offthore facilities.
Undertake other related tasks identified by Manager, without compromising the safety of the Project.
As the Process Safety Engineer you will have the authority to advise the project team on all process safety related matters that are a cause for concern and approve all process safety related decisions.
The job requires
- At least ten years working experience process engineering in the oil & gas or petrochemical industry.
- Possess an engineering degree preferably in chemical engineering from a recognized university,
Post graduate qualifications on Safety Engineering or Loss Prevention would be an added advantage.
- Chartered/Professional Engineer from Engineering Institution would be an advantage, although membership is adequate.
- A certified Safety & Health Officer (51-10) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in fire and explosion consequence modelling and Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Project experience in offshore production process.
- Good working knowledge and experience using safety risk-based methodologies and familiar with process safety management elements.
- Familiar with industry standards and specifications
- Good knowledge of gas processing management
The job also demands
- Initiative with a positive attitude
- Excellent customer service mind-set
- Excellent organizational and communication sk.s
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFIED TRAINING
- Specific training in Process Safety for Projects.
- Asset Integrity training.
- Leadership Training.
- Project Management training.
- Risk Assessment Training