- Upon receipt of each customer demand, the Planner shall analyze the availability of materials and capacity to develop an aggressive but achievable schedule.
- Upon approval of CWA (Contract Work Authorization) from BUM, the planner will load the MPS (Master Production Schedule) into system.
- Compare Master Production Schedule to customer PO coverage on regular basis to ensure that Jabil is not exposed over and above PO coverage.
- Assess production schedules (reset as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers to achieve 100% on-time delivery.
- At a minimum, run weekly system reports to determine (potential) material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow-up with appropriate Buyer to ensure materials are available to support production use per load plan
- Maintain the accuracy of Bill of Material in the system
- Ensure all customer's ECN are implemented in a timely manner
- Drive the End of Life procedure in a timely fashion in order to minimize exposure.
- Develop capabilities by accepting and resolving any and all additional special projects deemed necessary by the Production Control Manager and/or workcell
- Diploma in any discipline or SPM with at least 2 years of experience in the manufacturing environment.
- Possess knowledge of production planning and MRP; clearly understand the process for loading and changing the MPS, along with the impact on MRP and the Material planners.
- Clear understanding of material liability agreement that is contractually in place between customer and company