No responsibility for managing others. The PE will be working within the multidisciplinary subsurface team to optimize and drive production
The position will be based at company’s HCMC office, however there is likely to be a requirement to make some offshore trips.
• Set-up / maintain production databases (inc all the data from the smart completions). Recommend and manage data acquisition
• Carry out daily well performance analysis and run nodal analysis models to optimize daily production and injection. Based on this work, generate short-term production forecasts
• Liaise and communicate subsurface issues with the Operations team and Well Services group
• Identify and quantify key risks to well performance and propose mitigations that should be carried out
• Recommend and optimise day-to-day field development strategy – well testing frequency, gas lift rates, water injection rates, etc.
• Deal with production technology issues
• Qualified degree in Petroleum Engineering
• A minimum of 7 years relevant oil and gas industry experience in an operating company
• Experience with setting up, running and maintaining integrated asset models
• Experience with integrated asset models and nodal analysis programs
• Production allocation experience
• Experience with gas lift operations and optimisation
• Experience with smart completion operations is preferred