Scope of work:
An Operations Geologist is required to support exploration well planning for 2018. The role will be the liason for exploration planning including contracting support and execution, interface with the drilling team and partner communication for well planning related issues. The candidate will be responsible for the generation of all required paperwork for both internal and external approvals. During operations the candidate will be the single point of contact between the exploration team and the support team on the drilling rig.
Specifically, the candidate will support in contract generation including drafting of SOW’s and to support during technical evaluation of contracts and carry out the QA/QC of all activities during and prior to drilling with an eye for detail to ensure proper execution. He/she will co-ordinate between Exploration and the relevant service groups like SCM and Drilling and peer review teams; doing day to day reporting during drilling time and liaise with relevant vendors both before and during operations.
Desired skills and capabilities are as below:
- University degree in Geology;
- Minimum of 10 years of geological experience, including extensive offshore work as well as a track record of successfully drilling exploration wells as an operations geologist;
- A working knowledge of Open wells;
- Ability to problem solving on real time;
- Deep knowledge of drilling operations and significant hands on experience will be prioritized;
- Project management skill;
- Able to work in team and team player.