- Direct all aspects of operations department including ocean freight, air freight, inland trucking, customs clearance, warehouse and pricing with full oversight for 35 employees
- Work closely with each team manager to manage and deliver Month To Month P&L achieve established budget set-up.
- Direct and manage cross functional program management, lead multiple simultaneous projects. Interact closely with SCM Department to outline operational procedures for major supply chain management programs requested by VIP Customers.
- Initiate process improvements, streamline policies and procedures to reduce workload, cut down non-efficient cost, reduce expenses, and achieve superior quality services.
- Work in collaboration with regional office, head office to get direction, outline SOP for key programs before execution.
- Analyze regular reports, data analysis and performance metrics to manage and improve operations and the overall business and adjust business direction if needed.
- Source capable and reliable logistics services vendor. Negotiate freight & logistics cost, evaluate and manage intermodal freight transportation service agreement signed with vendors, oversea agents or with customers.
- Enhance internal pricing structure, assure it is in line with market trend to utilize it efficiently for sales & operations team.
- Interact with executive board management to conduct operational strategies and enhancement projects.
- Recruit and train employees such as providing orientation and on-the-job training, performance appraisals, recommended promotions and recognition of good job performed.
Professional Experience and Knowledge
- Vast understanding of freight forwarding of Air, Ocean & In-Land freight, 3PL, International Trade and Supply Chain Management.
- Good knowledge of Business regulations along with Financial impact in business operations
- Good knowledge of Vietnam Customs Procedure
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- 8-year plus experience in freight forwarding, freight, warehousing & distribution
- Good people management skill
Educations and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree which specialize in Logistics, International Trade or Business
- Good command of English
- Computer skills required:
- Microsoft Suite and Access proficiency preferred,
- CW1 (Cargo Wise One) freight & finance system knowledge preferred
- Strategic operation planning
- Project Management
- P&L Management. Budgeting/Cost control
- Ability to lead multiple team managers
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong Commercial and international trade experiences
- Ability to communicate with all levels of team hierarchy in a professional manner.
- Worker’s compensation insurance (24/24)
- Healthcare insurance for employee and spouse
- 13th salary
- Birthday gift
- Wedding gift
- Family funeral condolence benefit
- Newborn baby gift
- Happy hour (monthly)
- Yoga class: Monday – Wednesday – Friday (from 17:15 – 18:30)
- Library: more than 700 books (and counting)
- Monthly outing lunch for team
- 15 days of annual leave + US independent day; Thanksgivings day; Christmas day (total 18 days)
- Company outing
- Gifts for women’s days (Mar 8 and Oct 20)
- Year-end party