- One of three (3) rotational positions, this position is responsible for ensuring production targets for client are met without compromise to Health, Safety and Welfare of the offshore production staff and with due regard to the environment, and appropriate laws and customs of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in the production of oil and gas.
- Onshore role responsible for shutdown planning, project, well services, drilling and operations coordination with Planning. Adding offshore input into onshore support team.
- Responsible to ensure maintenance, marine and utility systems and teams function collectively and all vessel activities are planned and organised to minimise facility downtime.
Offshore Installation Manager.
- The primary purpose and accountability of the position is managing offshore production, crude oil export, marine, and maintenance operations within Block to optimize production meeting Client Project production targets, within HSE requirements. Coordinate maintenance, marine and logistics activities to meet such targets.
- Be a role model in personal safety leadership and in conjunction with HSE group ensure safety systems and processes are in place to safely manage field operations.
- Accountable for HSE, emergency response in the field including training and competency for offshore and onshore emergency response roles. Regulatory issues associated with production operations.
- Ensure operations readiness for full field developments, upgrades or modifications by excellent planning, communication and adherence to recognised best practices, industry standards and following appropriate policies, procedures and operability assurance process.
- Ensure short and long term asset integrity, by liaison with Facilities engineering to develop a programme to manage asset integrity, implement and review as necessary.
- Champion continuous improvement process in all aspects of the operation as recommended in the client Management System () to ensure the appropriate management systems are in place, regularly reviewed, and adjusted to optimize the operations.
- Influence managers to implement appropriate processes that benefit the business and add to the safe efficient operation of total field facilities.
- Develop and report operations and maintenance goals and metrics within the and others as required. Prepare and present production operations decision support packages project approvals to partners and PVN.
- Ensure offshore integrated planning is robust and accurate to include shutdown planning, well intervention, projects and drilling activities and class – provide liaison with regulatory bodies on shutdown activities and timing.
Provides positive mentoring coaching and, training to develop partner personnel throughout operations group. Provide necessary feedback through performance management for those being mentored
- Direct reports are all from primary contractor, the role is vital to ensure a project team functions as one entity.
The facility has a number of major pieces of equipment that will have obsolescence issues and therefore the incumbent experience and knowledge is important to provide solutions to this issue.
No direct OPEX budget responsibility but the role is a key position to ensure offshore materials and services are provided appropriately.
Reporting to: Reporting to Operation Manager. The Production & Maintenance Superintendent will maintain excellent communications to management, keeping them informed and where necessary seek approvals for scopes of work which may affect project operation.
- University Degree or higher Degree
- Professional qualifications relevant for position
Training courses relevant for position
Skills / Experience:
- At least 10 year-experience in offshore oil and gas industry.
- Shall have previously fulfilled the requirements of the specified role above in a similar position for a minimum of 3 years.
- Fluent English & Vietnamese
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Knowledge of (FPSO) systems and processes.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Patience and understanding to help inexperienced crew gain knowledge and perform.
- Ability to lead the teams to deliver set targets.
- Be able to communicate effectively in all directions within the client organisational structure and with Government agencies and other third parties.
- Be able to set team goals and set and manage SMART objectives to the individuals responsible for the delivery of those objectives
Utilise good effective organisational skills.