This is a greenfield Pepper plantation project and the position holder will be part of the startup leadership team that will start the plantation from the beginning.
- Being the part of the initial leadership team, plan the buildup phase of the plantations for which nursery operations will a critical part.
- Responsible for production of seedlings and clones for supply to the company’s Pepper plantations.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules
- Develop and manage a plant breeding program.
- Prepare annual budget and plans for different nursery activities.
- Produce progress reports on weekly, monthly and annual basis for all nursery operations and submit them on agreed time.
- Maintain stores of various nursery materials (chemicals, seeds, tools and equipment) in proper and acceptable storage condition.
- Maintain records for all seeds and seedlings received and dispatched.
- Supervise construction of nursery infrastructure and installations including staff buildings and other civil works.
- Cooperate with other experts in research trials aiming at improving seedling production at the nursery
- Degree/Diploma Holder in Agriculture, Plantation Management or other relevant discipline.
- 10 to 15 years of experience of raising nurseries in reputable plantation companies.
- A person who enjoys the outdoors and “being in the field”
- Open minded, can motivate others, good interpersonal skills, perseverant and strong initiative
Work Location : Chu Puh, Gia Lai, Vietnam
Reporting to: Plantation Head