- To be technical focal point for all mechanical and rotating equipment technical support for offshore maintenance supervisor and his mechanical technicians on all mechanical related activities and provide a timely and efficient delivery of high quality mechanical and rotating equipment maintenance support to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of mechanical and rotating equipment on the offshore facilities
- Ensure through audit that Mechanical Maintenance is being performed in accordance with all codes and best practices and in compliance with all procedures and maintenance routines.
- To coordinate all mechanical maintenance and mechanical engineering issues related to procuring new and replacement equipment, mechanical and rotating equipment spare parts and consumables and ensuring the correct specifications for equipment are quoted to vendors when ordering and meet these specifications when supplied.
- For the installation of any new mechanical and rotating equipment will assist in the preparation of specifications, selection of suppliers, review of vendor data, factory acceptance testing, liaison with other disciplines on packages, support to offshore during installation and commissioning.
- Participate in the investigations of all mechanical and rotating equipment failures
- Review maintenance strategies, procedures, routines and plans including any campaign maintenance for mechanical and rotating equipment.
- Ensuring RCM techniques are being applied, especially to critical rotating equipment and carrying out regular reviews of this data and advising offshore staff appropriately in actions to be taken.
- Responsible for managing support contracts for vibration analysis, lube oil analysis etc.
- Responsible for managing support contracts for mechanical and rotating equipment.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate discipline
- Significant experience in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate discipline.
- Technical professional within mechanical and rotating equipment engineering with project and operations experience within the hydrocarbon processing sector.
Skills / Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Knowledge and skills of preventive, predictive and corrective mechanical maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge and skills of RCM techniques