Manage all planning activities they are assigned to, mentoring the Production Planners and Document Coordinators and ensuring the following objectives are met:
- 100% On-time delivery
- Build Readiness
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demand Sizing - based on properly authorized customer demand the Master Planner will analyze material and capacity requirements and communicate constraints to the Workcell and customer. Once sizing is complete and an efficient Master Production Schedule.
- Reconciles the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that Jabil is not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorized customer demand. Ensure the MPS is always 100% accurate and achievable.
- Maintains the Workcell’s capacity planning model; drive resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps Jabil focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing resources.
- Meets daily with the Workcell and manufacturing team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary based on production results) optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers to help achieve 100% on time delivery.
- Maintains the customers’ latest contract on file at all times and be familiar with the terms and conditions of the contract regarding customer liability of material planning and production scheduling. This includes the liability window for Jabil material.
- Functions as the Workcell’s “expert” on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planner goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing.
- Leads the Workcell on the creation of BOM’s and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions.
- End-of Life (EOL) management should include chairing a meeting 30 days prior to the last planned build date to create tactics to support the EOL strategy. The Master Planner would own the build schedule, corrections and resolution of MPS to customer
- Manages purge process for internal purges.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Five Year Planning Experience.
- Advanced PC skills, with emphasis on spreadsheet skills and ERP/MRP experience, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Equivalent combination of Experience and Education acceptable.
- APICS and Supervisory experience a plus for position.
- Thorough knowledge of MRP, lead times for specific component types, internal run rates, test development lead times, machine programming lead times, complete understanding of chronological sequence of events needed to occur in product manufacturing.