- To be technical focal point for all marine engineering and provide technical support for the offshore Utility Supervisor and his utility operator/technicians on all marine engineering related activities and provide a timely and efficient delivery of high quality marine engineering maintenance support to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of marine equipment on the offshore facilities
- Ensure through audit that marine engineering maintenance is being performed in accordance with all codes and best practices and in compliance with all procedures and maintenance routines.
- To act as mentor, advisor and trainer of the offshore marine/utility workforce and ensure they have the correct skills and competency to perform their job roles and fulfill their responsibilities.
- To coordinate all marine engineering maintenance and marine engineering issues related to procuring new and replacement equipment, marine equipment spare parts and consumables and ensuring the correct specifications for equipment are quoted to vendors when ordering and meet these specifications when supplied.
- For the installation of any new marine equipment will assist in the preparation of specifications, selection of suppliers, review of vendor data, factory acceptance testing, liaison with other disciplines on packages, support to offshore during installation and commissioning.
- Participate in the investigations of all marine equipment failures
- Review maintenance strategies, procedures, routines and plans including any campaign maintenance for marine equipment.
- Ensuring RCM techniques are being applied, especially to critical equipment and carrying out regular reviews of this data and advising offshore staff appropriately in actions to be taken.
- Responsible for managing support contracts for marine equipment.
- Significant experience as chief engineer, preferably with steam ship experience or previously as Marine Engineer superintendent
- Technical professional within marine engineering with project and operations experience within the hydrocarbon processing sector.
Skills / Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Knowledge and skills of preventive, predictive and corrective marine maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge and skills of RCM techniques.