Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Basic Job Functions:
Install and qualify new process equipment. Troubleshoot day-to-day manufacturing issues on the production line in a timely manner. These include tool down issues, yield, quality issues and identify actions to prevent repeat issues. Identify and/or implement system improvements that contribute to the achievement of throughput, yield and product performance goals.
- Industrial experience in the broad fields of Vacuum, Thermal, Laser, Wet and/or Automation is desirable.
- Knowledge and trouble-shooting experience with robots, material handling systems is a plus.
- Prior experience working in Multinational Corporations with Tool Matching and Copy Exact methodology has added advantage.
- Technical Disciplines / Degree in one of the following fields – Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Chemical, Materials Science or Applied Physics.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline with 2 years as First Solar Manufacturing Engineering Technician III, or at least 6 years technical experience in a Manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 0-3 years Engineering Experience in a manufacturing setting or 3 years technical experience in a Manufacturing setting or
- Master’s or PhD degree in a technical discipline with 0-2 years Engineering Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Understands and can apply Statistical Data Analysis
- Good problem solving skills
- Understands metrology and measurement best practices
- Ability to write manufacturing documentation
- Understands and can apply DOE
- Understands and can apply Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Understands and can apply structured problem solving (such as DMAIC)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of General Electronics
- Knowledge in General Mechanical Systems
- Business fluency in English and Vietnamese Language, spoken and written
- Responsible for solving day-to-day production, equipment, and process problems
- Install and Qualify new equipment
- Maintain Gauges
- Design and execute planned process experiments, collect and analyze data and report experimental results.
- Perform data collection relating to daily equipment performance and associated product performance.
- Interface with internal associates and supplier representatives as required to complete assigned projects
- Maintain effective communication with production associates and manufacturing engineers
- Develop and provide training to engineering technicians, and production associates
- Identify and implement yield and product performance improvements
- Develop and maintain drawings, process specifications, develop and enforce standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain process control plans
- Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned. Job description subject to change at any time
- This position may have Technicians as direct report
- Domestic and International travel as required
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to entire duration of a shift
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will exert up to 23Kg of force to lift, push or pull on a seldom basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 13Kg on a frequent basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check and any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.