- Maintenance and carry out maintenance activities on the process and utility systems as directed by the OIM, within the installation Safety Management System and to the standards demanded by regulatory authorities
- Be available, within safety limitations to provide support as required for any installation activities necessary to maintain crew safety and operational efficiency
- Provide technical advice where applicable to implementation of maintenance as well as failure analysis; provide relevant advice to assessment of maintenance and equipment performance, giving appropriate recommendation to improvement of facilities and maintenance performance.
- Plan, evaluate and delegate responsibility while retaining accountability within the maintenance regime.
- Develop training and CBTA packages and coach and train Maintenance Technicians to ensure competence, development.
- Responsible for ensuring a comprehensive hand over is given by maintenance technicians at shift or crew change with all pertinent operational and maintenance information
- In the role of Area Authority ensure that all work is performed according to the conditions outlined on the Permit to work, identify hazards and assess and manage risks.
- Support in development of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and support team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices
- Carry out the duty allocated by Client during emergencies of Emergency Response Team and Coordinate Musters and logistics
- Contribute to personnel selection and performance appraisal.
- Contribute to the creation of operational budgets and cost control.
- Responsible for overall plant and equipment availability
- Report to and deputise for the OIM.
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- Related technical qualification, ideally HNC or second class marine
- Valid certificate of Emergency Management Competency to OPITO (UK) or similar standards
- Minimum five year experience in offshore production or maintenance operations.
- Previous operations experience at a similar level of seniority.
- Relevant experience of working overseas in developing countries
- Excellent knowledge of production, process and utility systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical, instrument and electrical systems
- Knowledge of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Leadership skills and Good knowledge of planned maintenance system.
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practices
- Awareness of hazards, effects and management systems
- Advanced communication skills
- Well developed business awareness.
- Teamwork and an advanced level in English speaking, writing, and listening and computer skills is required. Good communication skills in a multi nationalized working environment coupled with in depth knowledge of offshore production operations.
- Advanced understanding of the offshore Gas / Condensate production activities along with associated offshore marine related activities.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Able to work under high pressure and tolerance to stressful situations
- Tolerance of offshore working environment and roster
- Highly motivated, eager to contribute to a safe and effective operation.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Reliable and responsible
- Hands on management style