Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and controlling the activities relative to the preventive maintenance of plant equipment, machines & facilities and for the development and implementation of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering designs and plans encompassing expansion, modernisation, renovation and alteration of existing plant civil structure. Incumbents must work in a highly dynamic environment involving both planned and unplanned activities. The Maintenance Manager is expected to monitor the technical performance of the facility and make any necessary adjustments to ensure that all requirements of the parent company or government regulations are met.
1. Plans, organizes, supervises and controls all activities related to the upkeep of the plant machineries, facilities, equipment etc. to ensure uninterrupted operations.
2. Leads the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance program throughout the whole operations effectively.
3. Co-ordinates with other supervisors on plant shutdowns and production scheduling.
4. Ensures assignment of priorities to maintenance job orders through co-ordination with departments concerned to forestall critical delays in the operation.
5. Ensures efficient implementation of preventive maintenance work.
6. Ensure availability of materials and spare parts required by maintenance. Make necessary requisitions and follow up of needed items. Check specifications of arrived materials and spare parts.
7. Leads cost-out initiatives relating to maintenance.
8. Monitors equipment, troubleshoot and fix problems to ensure production continues at efficient rate;
9. Ensures all facilities and equipment exceed safety standards
10. Plans and issues work schedules to ensure continual safe and efficient operation of a manufacturing facility
11. Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing to increase and/or maintain production rates
12. Plans and issues work schedules to ensure continual safe and efficient operation of a manufacturing facility
13. Coordinates with Planner for preventive maintenance work tasks
14. Develops standard work practices. Coordinates on-the-job training for maintenance team
15. Swift responds to unplanned operational or maintenance events
16. Compiles data for daily maintenance reports, machine downtime reports, maintenance and repair costs, equipment history and location, and other day-to-day reporting required
17. Works with the team to establish goals, priorities, and expectations, and to develop the action plans and strategies for accomplishing them
18. Develops employees for increased value to the organization and themselves
19. Promotes team involvement and participation in setting goals, priorities, and strategies for safe, efficient, and effective plant/facility operations
20. Conducts employee performance evaluations
B. Engineering/ Construction:
1. Initiates, prepares or directs the preparation of engineering studies on plant facility improvements in term of safety, pollution control, energy management and expansion / modernisation
2. Designs and implements projects relating to civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, analyses design of various structures, estimate costs involved, prepares work schedules and co-ordinates implementation of the projects
3. Checks/ monitors progress of work and see to it that technical specifications are followed
4. Participates in the evaluation of bid proposal for construction/ erection work
5. Co-ordinates closely with foreign and/or local consultants in the implementation of highly complicated large projects
1. Sees to the proper handling of maintenance tools and equipment. Implement safety and security measures and personnel rules and regulations, and proper housekeeping and cleanliness in the working area.
2. Prepares periodical departmental budgets on manpower, equipment, material resources, operating supplies for approval of superior.
3. Perform other duties common to supervisory jobs.
4. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
3. Qualification and Key Skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering. Strong management and leadership skill. Good analytical skill. Dedicated to continuous improvement with customer focus
- 10 years experience.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronics Knowledge of Grinding, Planning, Milling Equipment (including CNC); Heat Treatment Ovens; Stamping & Sawing Equipment (including EDMs)
- Hand-on skill in implementing TPM program effectively
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt certification from well-known organization is a +
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Inspect maintenance work for completeness and thoroughness.
- Develop and foster a teamwork environment.
- Assess employee skill development needs.
- Integrate Maintenance Technician development and training activities with daily operation and maintenance requirements.
- Produce comprehensible reports in accordance with company requirements
- Enter data or information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device.
- Comprehend and make inferences from technically written materials.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.