Purpose of the Position
- Lead logistic department to meet warehouse and logistic activitiesâ€™ daily demand and ensure warehouse operation run smoothly and inventory level is optimized, which includes supervision of supervisors/team leaders, training of warehouse employees on procedures of safety and WIs, and facilitating process improvement throughout the plant;
- Lead company compliance with local customs regulations, road transportation regulations and regulations for import and export and reduce potential risks;
- Serve customer service department internally in order to meet our customer delivery requirement.
Duties and responsibilities
- Local shipping and warehouse management. Responsible for warehouse daily operation and SAP inventory data maintain performance meet company expectations, including proper daily material transfer, manpower budgeting & allocation, efficiency improvement, reduction of related customer complaints, etc.; optimally to help control inventory stock levels, inventory risk and improve customer satisfaction levels through on time delivery;
- Manage import and export activities to reduce company risks and at the same time compliance with local regulations
- Develop and implement a professional logistic system in compliance with ISO requirement.
- Control reasonable inventory level in order to improve working capital effectiveness. Monthly publish warehouse summary with trend analysis on safety, inventory level, cycle count result and cost. Provide data for HSE, CS, purchasing, finance departments on material transfer status (RM receiving or FG delivery) for improvement
- Reduce cost-of-quality (COQ) metrics by actively involving in the investigation of quality issues both internal and external; leading and implementing corrective & preventative actions with continuous process improvement, employee training and communications;
- Make sure cycle count and bi-anually inventory physical count can be conducted in well organized
- Keep legal compliance in respect of road transportations, air shipments, ocean shipments and warehouse management.
- Compliance with internal control procedures of AKZ
- Training and develop subordinates to have them to capable to be in their position
- Coordinate with related department, when receiving 8D report or any other complaint report, to find out the root cause and feedback to QA Dept. ASAP, maintain and implement the Quality System doc as required
- Other duties may be assigned as require
HSEMS and QS Compliance
- Be an active member in the site safety committee; communicate existing or new safety regulations to employees on time;
- Participate in AkzoNobel initiatives to improve its Quality and HSE Management Systems;
- Ensure safety huddle and safety training conducted on regular basis to create safe working environment;
- Set high standards of behavior as an example to sub-ordinates;
- Must have knowledge of the companyâ€™s MSDS systems, Raw Material and Product Codes to comply with regulations on safety wearing protection and HMIS label;
- Be an active member during internal and external HSE & QA audits.
- Be a strong leader on promoting 5S working environment to keep factory in order and uncluttered.
- Be an active team member of site 5S team to ensure audit conducted in the site and corrective action taken.
- Lead 5S training and ensure 5S policy carried out in plan
- University degree on business or equivalent;
- Be familiar with Vietnam Customs and Worldwide Transportation regulations;
- Good understanding of local safety regulations. Strong safety process environment promoter;
- Logistic experience in multi-national company at least 5 years. Be familiar with dangerous chemical warehouse management and equipments is a plus;
- Be familiar with MRP system, SAP experience is preferred;
- Fluent English and Vietnamese in both verbal and writing;
- Strong computer skill;
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to muti-task between diverse demands and to manage change effectively with result orientation and customer focus;
- Strong leadership and people management and team player with training skills of developing sub-ordinates potential to achieve agreed department objectives;
- Implementation Knowledge of 5S, ISO and TQM;
- Be able to work overtime or weekend if necessary.
Position Qualification Trainings:
- Company existing procedure;
- ERP system knowledge;
- Analytic skill on data collection and use;
- HSE policy;
- Basic coating processing knowledge;
- Warehouse management and inventory management knowledge;
- Batch processing procedure;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MRPII, TS16949, 3C and ISO9001 Systems;
- Planning & Organizing.
- Approve for manual DN release
- Approve for dept. OT, leave and shift
- Approve for dept. quality system improvements
- Refer to "Authority Schedule" for expense approve.