General Description: the role is responsible for all legal aspects of the Company, providing professional advices to the management and personnel of entities operating the registered business of the Company.
- Provide advice on general corporate, regulatory, administrative and legal matters to Vietnam management and personnel.
- Provide advice on all contracts, especially customer and supplier contracts, to Vietnam management and personnel.
- Where necessary, engage and manage external counsel for general legal, regulatory and/or administrative matter, and court processing in Vietnam.
- Conduct legal training and workshops for Vietnam personnel.
- Act as the key functional representative of Vietnam management to Asia Pacific Regional Head Office Legal Department.
Managerial and Personal Attributes:
- Able to take a broad perspective with an understanding of the challenges presented by the Vietnam business environment.
- Is self-motivated and has initiative
- Has strong communication and presentation skills and is an effective communicator in both English and Vietnamese
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to interact, work with an advice people at all jobs levels
- Possesses analytical and problem solving skills
- Possesses business acumen
Experience and Qualification:
- A good university degree in Law and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in Vietnam.
- At least 5 to 7 years of post-qualification experience, in private practice and/or as in-house counsel, handling maritime/ litigation or corporate/ commercial matters.
- Prior work experience with an international law firm and/ or a MNC with strong corporate presence in Vietnam will be an advantage.
- Experience in the transportation/ logistics industry will be an advantage.